Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjecthelp! Loud Screech?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=30777
30777, help! Loud Screech?
Posted by Agas, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hello, not really sure if this is a suspension problem but when I turn the wheel all the way to the right (like backing into my driveway) I get an unbelievably loud screech noise from the front of the car (im guessing the tires) but it doesnt if I turn it all the way the other way....anybody know a reason for this and how to fix it?
30778, RE: help! Loud Screech?
Posted by goalie40, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wheel bearing
30779, RE: help! Loud Screech?
Posted by Nightfall, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Does it screech when you turn the wheel all the way sitting still? I bet your power steering belt needs tightened or replaced.
30782, RE: help! Loud Screech?
Posted by Agas, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
only when I move slowly...when im moving faster (U-Turn) it doesnt do it

*EDIT*
Also I just replaced the power steering belt because basically it exploded off my engine while driving home 2 weeks ago lol
31220, RE: help! Loud Screech?
Posted by shamoo1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey I have had that problem for a long time and I replaced the powersteering pump and I still got the noise. It is when you turn it to full lock correct. Well the noise continued to come back on and off sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Well I recently had my car in the shop and had them replace all of the belts and change out to fluids. When you change out or add Power Steering Fluid you need to remember to have someone sit in the car and turn the wheel back and forth to full lock while you slowly add it because sometimes you will give air bubbles causing that sharp and lock screech. When I changed the belts I no longer had the problem so I would more than likely say that your belt is loose now remember when tightening that be careful because if you break the tensiorner bolt(which is EASY) you must buy a new assmbly b/c they dont just sell the botl and it is reverse threaded. If that doesn't fix the problem call me

314 226 3776
I will try and help you figure this out good luck.
31303, RE: help! Loud Screech?
Posted by 2gnt97gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There might be a different when the car is not in motion and the wheels are having to work harder to turn rather than in motion and the wheels not having to work as hard. I would think that its your power steering pump. Have you checked the fluid level?
I generated this page in 0.0079948902130127 seconds, executing 7 queries.