Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjecthey, i need some help please :(
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=30484
30484, hey, i need some help please :(
Posted by bman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hows it going, im the proud owner of a 95 eclipse GS, i am in the process of modding some stuff, and fixing other things (the previous owner didnt treat it like it deserves to be treated) one of the things i have to to is replace the rack and pinion steering set up. i have already ordered it and was wondering how one would go about installing it, am i in over my head, does the engine/tranny need to come out? any help will be greatly appreciated :)
30490, RE: hey, i need some help please :(
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You will probably need to pull the battery and battery tray to get to the steering linkage. You will also need to jack the car up and remove it from underneath I think. I haven't removed one yet, but I have looked at it while doing suspension work.
30495, RE: hey, i need some help please :(
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by freelancefool
You will probably need to pull the battery and battery tray to get to the steering linkage. You will also need to jack the car up and remove it from underneath I think. I haven't removed one yet, but I have looked at it while doing suspension work.

yup, car in the air, and get the battery out of the way, IIRC getting the washer reservoir out of the way helps too (might as well do the fuel filter while you're there) everything comes out the bottom.
I generated this page in 0.0076310634613037 seconds, executing 7 queries.