Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectbuilding the PS system
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=30460
30460, building the PS system
Posted by talon749, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well unlinke a few of you guys, I want to keep my PS system on, not only for road courses, but this will be a daily driver. First of all I have a rebuilt pump, its pretty nice

Next bit I am thinking about getting is a new resivor with a filter, this maybe over kill, but I like overkill

Im pretty sure I could make it fit with some cutting, or relocate it where the charchole canister is at. All my lines I am replacing with AN ones
Finally I plan on using a nice Cooler, a nice plate-fin design from fluidline
Is there anyone I can do with the rack to make it stronger, beside rebuild it, which I plan on doing. TIA!
30461, RE: building the PS system
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice pump!
what size SS line you using for this?
as far as strengthing the rack the only thing i could think of was the mounting brackets. i was trying to remember what they looked like from when i had to replace mine. i cant remember if there were any rubber bushings or spacers. i there are id replace them with biliet SS pieces to reduce the possible flex and improve steering input/feedback.
other then that id look at the rod ends and seeing if theres anyway to upgrade them.
if your that close to your knuckle, and your serrious about racing, check out the 99 JDM Galant knuckle upgrade and step up to EVO brakes and wheel studs for the best possible feedback and control
30462, RE: building the PS system
Originally posted by foggy45
nice pump!

I have two of them! one I am keeping and one I am selling to someone I sold my old talon to

what size SS line you using for this?

I belive -10 an, but im not sure I will have to double check,

as far as strengthing the rack the only thing i could think of was the mounting brackets. i was trying to remember what they looked like from when i had to replace mine. i cant remember if there were any rubber bushings or spacers. i there are id replace them with biliet SS pieces to reduce the possible flex and improve steering input/feedback.

I am going to look further into this, mabye some custom fabbing

other then that id look at the rod ends and seeing if theres anyway to upgrade them. if your that close to your knuckle, and your serrious about racing, check out the 99 JDM Galant knuckle upgrade and step up to EVO brakes and wheel studs for the best possible feedback and control

I have been looking into the Galant knuckle upgrade, seems to be the way to go!

30464, RE: building the PS system
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hows that re-engineering anything? its a factory pump relocated...
30465, RE: building the PS system
thats just my sig lol, I plan on getting a lot of carbon fiber, and aluminum parts made
30466, RE: building the PS system
Originally posted by talon749
thats just my sig lol, I plan on getting a lot of carbon fiber, and aluminum parts made

ahhhh gotcha, nice
30467, RE: building the PS system
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
749 I love your quote on Ferry Porsche. it's so true, I love driving the 914, who needs big acceleration if you don't have to slow down?
30468, RE: building the PS system
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
who needs big acceleration

...:wavy
30469, RE: building the PS system
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
749 I love your quote on Ferry Porsche. it's so true, I love driving the 914, who needs big acceleration if you don't have to slow down?

so true, thats what I plan on accomplishing with the 2gnt...someday!
I generated this page in 0.011458873748779 seconds, executing 7 queries.