Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectspare tire and gsx brakes?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=29366
29366, spare tire and gsx brakes?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
does the stock spare still fit with gsx brakes or did the gsx come with a different spare?
29367, RE: spare tire and gsx brakes?
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You need to have a 16" rim with GSX brakes, period.
29368, RE: spare tire and gsx brakes?
Posted by nonamerat, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It also doesn't really matter, if your front tire goes out then take one of your rears and put it on the front and the spare on the rear.
29369, RE: spare tire and gsx brakes?
yes i know, but does anyone know if the gsx had a different type of spare that would work on the front or have they tried our spare on the front with gsx brakes? if the wheel is designed so it doesn't surround the braking components then it wouldn't need to be as large. i threw mine away a long time ago so i don't remember what it looked like.
29378, RE: spare tire and gsx brakes?
Posted by EclipseTical, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MCubed45
yes i know, but does anyone know if the gsx had a different type of spare that would work on the front or have they tried our spare on the front with gsx brakes? if the wheel is designed so it doesn't surround the braking components then it wouldn't need to be as large. i threw mine away a long time ago so i don't remember what it looked like.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
You need to have a 16" rim with GSX brakes, period.

GSX's come with a 16" spare tire, the NTs have a 14" dinky little tire if i remember my RS correctly. I seriously doubt you could bolt that tiny thing on and not hit the caliper.

Best bet in the event of a flat would be as said above: swap out your flat front with a rear wheel and then put spare on the rear.

Or you could pick up a 16" from a junkyard and get cheapo tire from costco/local cheap ass tire place.
29380, RE: spare tire and gsx brakes?
ohh ok cool. i threw my crappy spare away awhile ago. i was just wonderin what the gsx's used or if they were required to rotate when you got a flat in the front. one of my fronts went flat so i had to get a ride home to pickup one've my stock wheels to put on the back and rotate the back to the front. PITA at 4am.

I generated this page in 0.013034105300903 seconds, executing 7 queries.