Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectBlown shock....Need Advice
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=29059
29059, Blown shock....Need Advice
Posted by DanKid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok so summer-time is right around the corner and I just remembered that when I went to take out suspension setup to put the stock ones back on that one of my rear Tokico GR2's had oil all over it. Now i'm not sure on what to do. All of the other shocks are fine so I don't wanna have to buy all four again. Can I get away with buying a cheap stock shock and throwing my sportlines on it or will a stock shock blow if you put lowered springs on them? I also need a camber kit cause my tires were bald to the wire on the inside. Have any of you had much experience with the SPC ball joint style cambers that they sell on ebay? Thanks in advance for any help.
29063, RE: Blown shock....Need Advice
Posted by J, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You're asking for trouble by putting a stock shock on a lowered car w/ any sizable drop... should only be considered a temporary solution. Yes, you can buy them seperately.

P.S.
On a side note, I noticed someone is selling rear control arms here...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=49&topic_id=3815&mode=full
...you may appreciate them ;)

SPC Ball Joint Camber Kits = Good
- J
29070, RE: Blown shock....Need Advice
Posted by DanKid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just ordere the Ingalls ball joint style camber from a company in Cali, but I haven't had any luck finding some place to get one rear shock. I did a search on the net and one place wanted 70 and another 65 for one shock. I might as well get the whole set off of ebay for $140. :shrug
29071, RE: Blown shock....Need Advice
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DanKid
I just ordere the Ingalls ball joint style camber from a company in Cali, but I haven't had any luck finding some place to get one rear shock. I did a search on the net and one place wanted 70 and another 65 for one shock. I might as well get the whole set off of ebay for $140. :shrug

try shox.com
I generated this page in 0.0092577934265137 seconds, executing 7 queries.