Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectIngalls Camber Kit Help
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=28199
28199, Ingalls Camber Kit Help
Posted by Jem09, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Peace,
I need some help with my current situation. I purchased these ingalls from someone, it arrived today and this is what I have.

I have four of the "ingalls" for the front, if I'm not mistaken, you need two for each front wheel... That I'm certain of. Now, this is the problem, the person was sellin' me the complete camber kit assembly, includin' the rear. As you can see in the pic., I only have 7 silver bolts (circled in blue) 32 washers and no rear "brackets"... The pic. below is the kit I was expectin' to arrive with the front kits, shouldn't those have come with it?

I also need the installation instructions (pics. of installation would do me justice!), unfortunately, they weren't added. Hit me back with some knowledge, I'd appreciate it greatly... Word...

P.s. Although this is off topic, I also need installation instructions (pics. of installation would be appreciate for this too!) for a B&M Trans. Cooler (part# 70255)....people jus don't add the instructions...I know it's suppose to be a simple install, but I don't want to f!ck anythin' up bein' that it's the trans....

Peace,
Jem
28201, RE: Ingalls Camber Kit Help
Posted by nonamerat, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here is the best picture that I have for the rear. A COMPLETE kit would include all that was posted in your second picture. You are missing one bolt for the rear, you need 8. But install for the rear is pretty easy. Circled in red is where the new brackets would go and circled in blue is the bolts you will be replacing. Put the washers behind the bracket up against the fender wall or whatever its called. I think I have instructions for the front, I've never done the front so I cant really help there but they should have all the instructions on their website. Hope this helps with the rear at least.

28202, RE: Ingalls Camber Kit Help
Originally posted by nonamerat
Here is the best picture that I have for the rear. A COMPLETE kit would include all that was posted in your second picture. You are missing one bolt for the rear, you need 8. But install for the rear is pretty easy. Circled in red is where the new brackets would go and circled in blue is the bolts you will be replacing. Put the washers behind the bracket up against the fender wall or whatever its called. I think I have instructions for the front, I've never done the front so I cant really help there but they should have all the instructions on their website. Hope this helps with the rear at least.

GOOD LOOKIN' OUT!!! I truly appreciate your help... I knew I wasn't buggin' out... The fella didn't add everythin'... Once again nonamerat, I TRULY appreciate ya help...

Peace,
Jem
28203, RE: Ingalls Camber Kit Help
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There are things missing which would have made it a complete camber kit for 1.25 - 3 degrees of adjustment: 1 Silver bolt, 2 rear brackets, 8 adjustment washers for the rear brackets, 2 bracket bolts, and 2 bolt nuts.

Personally i don't see a need for the rear brackets unless your camber, in the rear, is way into the negative (-3 or -4). Before you install the rear kit get a replacement for the 1 silver bolt.

The picture below should give you a good idea of how the front kit will be installed.

http://www.spcperformance.com/PerfPartSect/PerfPart_87580_590.html
28205, RE: Ingalls Camber Kit Help
Posted by nonamerat, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Clay
Personally i don't see a need for the rear brackets unless your camber, in the rear, is way into the negative (-3 or -4). Before you install the rear kit get a replacement for the 1 silver bolt.

I second that, you don't really need the brackets unless it's way off. Just go and get one M10x40, 1.25 threaded bolt. Try to get grade 10.9, which is what the ingalls are, but 8 will be fine.
28206, RE: Ingalls Camber Kit Help
You fellas don't realize it, but you've just calmed me down somewhat... I'm tryin' not to get too vexxed thinkin' about the missin' parts... I'm def. goin' to take ya advice, it makes perfect sense... Word...

Peace,
Jem
28207, RE: Ingalls Camber Kit Help
Originally posted by Clay
There are things missing which would have made it a complete camber kit for 1.25 - 3 degrees of adjustment: 1 Silver bolt, 2 rear brackets, 8 adjustment washers for the rear brackets, 2 bracket bolts, and 2 bolt nuts. Personally i don't see a need for the rear brackets unless your camber, in the rear, is way into the negative (-3 or -4). Before you install the rear kit get a replacement for the 1 silver bolt. The picture below should give you a good idea of how the front kit will be installed. http://www.spcperformance.com/PerfPartSect/PerfPart_87580_590.html

Yo Clay,
It's type funny cause I just answered a que. you had regardin' ya brakes, that was posted soon after one another... I jus noticed...

Peace,
Jem
28224, RE: Ingalls Camber Kit Help
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the rear brackets only come in the 2.5 degree or more adjustment (not sure if its 2.5 degree or 3 i would have to verify). The smaller kit only includes the bolts and washers. I have the kit you were sent myself sent straight from ingalls. You aremissing a bolt however, just get it from a hardware store as stated previously.
I generated this page in 0.0077860355377197 seconds, executing 7 queries.