Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectPowerslot Rotors installed correct?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=28198
28198, Powerslot Rotors installed correct?
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've searched but came up with no clear cut answer. The picture below is how i installed the slotted rotors. Are the slots facing the correct direction?

Front driver side picture
28200, RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?
Posted by Jem09, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Clay
I've searched but came up with no clear cut answer. The picture below is how i installed the slotted rotors. Are the slots facing the correct direction? Front driver side picture

If that's the drivers side, the vents need to be facin' the other way. I believe it needs to face that way to help "get rid of" the heat. When you're drivin', the middle of ya rotors "suck" in the "cool" air and pushes it out as it turns...

Matter of fact, does the back of the rotor state which side it needs to be installed on? If those are Powerslots, it should have a stamped "LF" or "RF"... Somethin' like that... I recall that because I installed Powerslots on the front and rear of my C220...

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas...

Peace,
Jem

28204, RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes, the Powerslots should have a stamp on them which will indicate which side they belong on.
28208, RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

nm this is the correct way
28209, RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?
Posted by Silv Blt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Actually, it doesn't matter either way. The only way it matters is if the veins inside the rotor have a direction and those are only on expensive brakes. Ours are all radial.
28210, RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My brembo's are left/right biased. While your upgrading get some good pads, I use Hawk HP+ for the street and the hawk race material for track (road course). Best pads I have ever used and I have used from axis to ebc. Although the hawk material tends to catch on fire easier...
28211, RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Silv Blt
Actually, it doesn't matter either way. The only way it matters is if the veins inside the rotor have a direction and those are only on expensive brakes. Ours are all radial.

exactly. the slots are irrelevant in relation to which way the rotor gets mounted. the only thing you hafta look for is if your rotors are directionally vaned. obviously we can't see that from the picture you posted. if the internal vanes go straight out from the center of the rotor you can mount them on either side. whichever way you think looks nicer is fine. usually only high end rotors are directionally vaned so you prolly don't hafta worry. FYI if for some reason your rotors are directionally vaned you want them installed such that when the wheel is spinning it forces air outward through the vanes.
28212, RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?
Posted by Silv Blt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MCubed45
exactly. the slots are irrelevant in relation to which way the rotor gets mounted. the only thing you hafta look for is if your rotors are directionally vaned.

YAY! I was right for once! If you've got directionally vaned rotors, I'm highly jealous.
28239, RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Powerslots are directional, otherwise they wouldn't stamp Right and Left on them. :rolleyes
28247, RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nm
I generated this page in 0.010571002960205 seconds, executing 7 queries.