Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectfront driver side suspension
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=28166
28166, front driver side suspension
Posted by eclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hi everyone, my car is acting weird i feel like its not handling right, when ever i drive on a bumpy road, i hear i weird clicking noise as if something is loose, so i jacked up my car and too a look and guess what, axle boot was broken so i replaced the axle, the noise went away for a day or so but is back, when ever i go over a bumpy road i can feel the steering moving left and right, what could the problem be?
28167, RE: front driver side suspension
Posted by OldGuy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Torque Steer as a possibility. When you put it back together you may not have put everything right. Could also have other issues with your suspension that you haven't found yet...
28168, RE: front driver side suspension
Posted by GreenRicer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Had an alignment recently? may need one...
28171, RE: front driver side suspension
Posted by wite96gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
did you preload the suspension as described in "the good book" beore you torque'd down the suspension components? if not that can throw your alignment out of whack.
28175, RE: front driver side suspension
Posted by eclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
not really i havent had alighment ever since i got my car lowered
28186, RE: front driver side suspension
Posted by OldGuy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yes there is a degree setting described when installing a new control arm. as for torque steer, I was thinking and I misspoke. I was thinking of "Bump Steer". In any case, an alignment is definately needed. It will prevent you from eating your tires way quicker than normal.
I know you didn't install a new one but when messing with the axle you got to take something apart. Get it looked at if you don't feel confident enough to know what is what...
I generated this page in 0.0094108581542969 seconds, executing 7 queries.