Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjecti hate my suspension!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=27515
27515, i hate my suspension!
Posted by boostboyike, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Every time i hit even the slightest bump,it feels like im hitting a 5 foot deep pothole!its hard enouph to make my hatch make noise.both my lower balljoints are new and so are inner outer tie rods.what else can i do?
27516, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by wite96gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
how old are your shocks and springs?

----------
the first solution that comes to mind for any new problem with my car usually involves a can of gas and a match.....:wallbash
27517, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the Tein SS setup. Absolutely love them. When it comes to suspention, you truely get what you pay for.
27519, RE: i hate my suspension!
everything is still factory but bad shocks whould cause my car to feel like that?last car i had that had bad shocks just bounced alot.
27564, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by espilcEGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by boostboyike
everything is still factory but bad shocks whould cause my car to feel like that?last car i had that had bad shocks just bounced alot.

They are probably bottoming out! Get them replaced and you should be happy once again.
27520, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by eclipse_gs_1512, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by etx
I have the Tein SS setup. Absolutely love them. When it comes to suspention, you truely get what you pay for.

exactly...don't mess around when it comes down to your suspension(or anything on the car for that matter). use the search button and you'll come up with more than enough information to guide you in purchasing new struts and springs
27521, RE: i hate my suspension!
why new springs?really not wanting to lower it....was thinking about just getting some gr2s.everything else is pretty much new..thats the last thing to replace but if that doesnt help im blowing my damn car up!lol
27522, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by eclipse_gs_1512, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have tokico blues on my car right now...they ride nicely...but i would trade them any day for konis.

edit...i hear ya on blowing up the car :twitch lol
27550, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by EclipseTenzoR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just want to add that you get wht you pay for thing. I will disagree, call me whatever you want but I always tend to go the a different route than ones most traveled. And I went with dropzone springs on my stock struts and it still rides very close to stock except if i hit big bumps. But this is'nt the case we are talking about bad struts, I will say though that the more expensive shit is'nt the only stuff you need to buy to get good to better results. Some of the stuff that may not be as popular may actually be more than satisfactory for some. Well I made my rant hope this helps.
27561, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if handling is a big part of your daily driving, then get hard suspension and you'll have to deal with the ride. otherwise, get some adjustables and some nice springs. screw coils, and screw stock suspension. i have tokico hp's and sportlines, seems hard as hell to some people, but im just used to it. im used to driving in oregon, but now that i'm grid locked into street light driving here, i'm going to get air cyls.
27562, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Buy HipHop's Tein Basic damper set and just dont drop it.( i want 10% hiphop :evilgrin )
27563, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I agree with most of the people in this thread in that you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to suspension. I got a great deal on normally $1200 coilovers, Apexi, and the ride is amazing!! A friend of mine has Tokico shocks and H&R springs and the ride is rough as hell. Go with very nice comprehensive setup, don't mess around when it comes to ride quality. If you get a nice adjustable coilover, like Tein SS, Apexi WS, or something really expensive like JIC then you won't regret it at all and you don't to have your car lowered much at all to benefit from the setup.
27566, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by Ducking_Fumbass, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Actually, the best handling could be realized by *not* lowering the car. Raising the car would probably shorten the roll couple, effectively increasing spring rates and anti-roll bar rates.
27568, RE: i hate my suspension!
Well i live in Iowa..(Alot of bad winters) and i also drive 50 miles to work.What whould work well for me?I was thinking of the tokico blue strut and spring setup.Ive seen them go for about 350 or so.
27574, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by HipHop615, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CustomGS
Buy HipHop's Tein Basic damper set and just dont drop it.( i want 10% hiphop :evilgrin )

Sounds good to me lol. No but really, I wouldnt go half ass when it comes to suspension.
27583, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by jdpilot, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I love my suspension! Sportlines with Koni adjustables. Comfy as hell and nice and firm IMO compared to the ebay coilovers I had 6 years ago and far less bounce than the sportlines/kyb agx I had on 3 years ago!
27938, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by .bs0d, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have / had dropzones... hated them. every little bump sounded like a huge pothole or something. im getting prokits installed as I type
27942, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by EclipseTenzoR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I replyed to this once but just to say whats been said by others. Only by true coilover setups. And as posted above Dropzone coilovers suck. I have dropzone springs and agx adjustables and I will say that for me, it rides smooth rough if you hit a big dip but not as bad as people make it sound. Also tires play a big factor in how your car is going to ride. I have about an inch and a half of tire on my 18s so that makes a huge difference in quality if you have 16s you are basically good with any type of strut made for our cars. You don't need a big expensive setup to have a good ride quality.
27951, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by boosted60trimrst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you get what you pay for is not really true . i got sportlines and there not cheap . they suck ass . ride quality sux and i cant even get in a parking lot or most gas stations . if you dont want to lower the car id say get blues or gr-2s with stock springs .
27968, RE: i hate my suspension!
Posted by hazardeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wait, do you have a rear sway bar? i installed the stock rear gs sway on my rs and noticed the rear doesn't bounce around as much...
I generated this page in 0.011548042297363 seconds, executing 7 queries.