Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectNeed thoughts, before install...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=27193
27193, Need thoughts, before install...
Posted by .bs0d, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I obtained DropZone struts + coilovers via trade for some tires; i havent intalled them but my car is going to the shop in a few days. I read through here and it looks like the coilvers are kinda shitty? but are they ok with the dropzone struts? I mean, what should I do?

sell coilovers, keep struts - get different brand coilovers
install both
install struts only

or is it ok with the combo.

thanks for the advice in advance
27196, RE: Need thoughts, before install...
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What's up with people not posting and helping out/giving opinions lately?

Anyway, I'd install both just to see how YOU like it, but I'm sure you've already made up your mind by now :).
27227, RE: Need thoughts, before install...
Posted by .bs0d, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yes, mind made up - shitty indeed. Any little bump you cant even see sounds like you fucked something up, even at slow speeds. Im going to have to go BACK to the mechanic and have him install the old coilovers on the new struts (he said they'd fit).

Something is telling me these coilovers will find their way to ebay. Any recommendations on the next set to get? eibach? tein?
27232, RE: Need thoughts, before install...
Posted by Ducking_Fumbass, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Tein SS coilovers are a nice alternative. You will have a decent ride quality, and the handling is very good. The icing on the cake is that they are not all that expensive...

If you want to spend a bit more money, do not go with the Tein Flex coilovers, but rather, go with the JICs from Road Race Engineering. THAT will be your best bet for handling. It turned Roy Narvaez's car from a drag car to one that won the road-racing segment of the SCC USCC.
27233, RE: Need thoughts, before install...
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
tein basic damper or the flex series is the ONLY kind I would recommend, all coilover sleeve type/shock setups suck even if you go with the best of components like koni's/ground controls its still not worth it
27238, RE: Need thoughts, before install...
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if your gonna spend money you should do it right the first time and get the best you can for your baby. i would strongly recomend the tein type flex. your gonna have excelent adjustability and if you like to change your settings quite a bit you can get the EDFC as an add-on. i have yet to hear of someone on this board that has been disapointed by this purchace.
27246, RE: Need thoughts, before install...
Posted by DSM_John, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here's another thought. Keep the dampners, sell the collar-overs and buy springs. Obviously true coil-overs are the best bet, but how many of us have scales to corner balance our suspensions? I don't, but the engineers that designed the springs did. If you aren't a hardcore SCCA racer and just looking for a street improvement, buy springs. I can personally vouche for Eibach Pro's. I also just installed AGX's w/ Neuspeed Sports on my buddies '01 Prelude which rode very well. Go with a respectable, progressive spring instead of a linear collar-over, my two cents.
27249, RE: Need thoughts, before install...
Posted by donnyb373, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
apexi coilovers are better than tein imo
31039, RE: Need thoughts, before install...
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by .bs0d
I obtained DropZone struts + coilovers via trade for some tires; i havent intalled them but my car is going to the shop in a few days. I read through here and it looks like the coilvers are kinda shitty? but are they ok with the dropzone struts? I mean, what should I do? sell coilovers, keep struts - get different brand coilovers install both install struts only or is it ok with the combo. thanks for the advice in advance

Or you can sell them and go for TOKICO Illuminas adjustable white. You can find a complete set fairly cheap, they have springs w/ them or swap them out add the Eibach Pro kit/sportlines. I've read these are the bomb diggity

31040, RE: Need thoughts, before install...
Posted by Rondan97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm sure he's not really taking suggestions anymore since this thread is over 2 1/2 years old :wary
I generated this page in 0.0078270435333252 seconds, executing 7 queries.