Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectAPEXi coilovers
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26830
26830, APEXi coilovers
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anybody got em??? I think FlyinESi does.. but I'm not sure. couldn't find anything in the search about them.. but they look like a solid product. anybody have any experience with them?
26831, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by got_NX, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes, I have them on my fast and furious car...WOOHOO! Never used them yet though. The quality of product is AAA+++. They seem to be very stiff but mine are not broke in yet. Ride height is very low. If you have a body kit these might create a problem. Right now with my blitz bumper I have about 1.5" clearance with this suspension. I'm having a 1" billet spacer made and adding longer studs to my shock perch to gain a extra inch of height. These coilovers are ride height adjustable/ as well as dampening but are extremely low at highest point.
26833, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have tein basics and they fucking rule.
26839, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yep, I have the Apex'i World Sport Coilovers, they kick major ass!! I've riden in a few other lowered cars on just spring/strut combos and they can't even compare to these. I love them to death!! Such a smooth ride, adjustable, look sharp too, when you can see them.
26853, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by got_NX
They seem to be very stiff but mine are not broke in yet.

how long does it take for your suspension to 'break in'

lmao

26867, RE: APEXi coilovers
Originally posted by turbo8u
Originally posted by got_NX They seem to be very stiff but mine are not broke in yet.
how long does it take for your suspension to 'break in' lmao

Well let see? I don't drive my car on a daily basis. Matter of fact I havn't driven it in over a year. So it will be a while Jackass before they will be broke in.

26872, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by Ducking_Fumbass, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've never heard of a suspension needing a break-in period. Neither has Chris, apparently.
26879, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by got_NX They seem to be very stiff but mine are not broke in yet.
how long does it take for your suspension to 'break in' lmao
Well let see? I don't drive my car on a daily basis. Matter of fact I havn't driven it in over a year. So it will be a while Jackass before they will be broke in.

So that's how you know how to park so well. You do it once, and never move it. Gotcha.
26880, RE: APEXi coilovers
suspension doesnt need to be broken in assflaps.
26881, RE: APEXi coilovers
suspension doesnt need to be broken in assflaps.

If you say so...you know all!
26896, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i thought springs settle a bit lower over time? :shrug
26897, RE: APEXi coilovers
Originally posted by MCubed45
i thought springs settle a bit lower over time? :shrug

They do settle over time....It just that on here I'm wrong no matter what. I'm amazed the KNOW IT ALLS didn't know that. Check your alignment a couple of weeks after you put a suspension on...that will tell you something.
26898, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by Ducking_Fumbass, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, some companies have an anti-sag warrantee, if that's what you mean. If the car settles more than a couple of millimeters, though, the springs are of poor quality.
26900, RE: APEXi coilovers
Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
Well, some companies have an anti-sag warrantee, if that's what you mean. If the car settles more than a couple of millimeters, though, the springs are of poor quality.

I've read somewhere, someone who has the apexi WS coilovers, said they go through a break in stage where they ride hard at first then go to a stock feeling ride.
26903, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass Well, some companies have an anti-sag warrantee, if that's what you mean. If the car settles more than a couple of millimeters, though, the springs are of poor quality.
I've read somewhere, someone who has the apexi WS coilovers, said they go through a break in stage where they ride hard at first then go to a stock feeling ride.

No. Any suspension "settle" is from you accidentally putting bushings in at odd angles or not installing stuff properly. If your springs change height or spring rate then they are shit.
26904, RE: APEXi coilovers
and if it "settles" enough to throw off your alignment, theyre REALLY shitty. it takes a lot to throw off our alignment. "breaking in" and "settling" are two totally different things no00blet.

got_nx...whats with the gay sig? :wary

as to the apex'i coilovers...theyre nice, but save up and get JIC's :thumbsup
26922, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
and if it "settles" enough to throw off your alignment, theyre REALLY shitty. it takes a lot to throw off our alignment. "breaking in" and "settling" are two totally different things no00blet. got_nx...whats with the gay sig? :wary as to the apex'i coilovers...theyre nice, but save up and get JIC's :thumbsup

too many bad stories about JIC's customer service
it's either Ground Controls or Tein SS but I am having a hard time justifying the extra $700 it costs to get them local...
26964, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good springs don't sag.
26901, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MCubed45 i thought springs settle a bit lower over time? :shrug
They do settle over time....It just that on here I'm wrong no matter what. I'm amazed the KNOW IT ALLS didn't know that. Check your alignment a couple of weeks after you put a suspension on...that will tell you something.

lol

and you don't know how to install rotors either!!!
26902, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
anybody got em??? I think FlyinESi does.. but I'm not sure. couldn't find anything in the search about them.. but they look like a solid product. anybody have any experience with them?

Come on guys, He asked if anyone had them. Not if suspension needed to break in. They are a sleeve coilover correct? I say wait and put out the money for a full coilovers. Tein, Nex.

And no matter if suspension needs to "break in" or not it. It will never go back to stock ride feel. I would always suggest lowering springs w/good shocks. over coilovers anyday or at least Full coilovers if any. Sorry no experience w/the Apexi's.
26905, RE: APEXi coilovers
Originally posted by CustomGS
Originally posted by BumpinTalon anybody got em??? I think FlyinESi does.. but I'm not sure. couldn't find anything in the search about them.. but they look like a solid product. anybody have any experience with them?
Come on guys, He asked if anyone had them. Not if suspension needed to break in. They are a sleeve coilover correct? I say wait and put out the money for a full coilovers. Tein, Nex. And no matter if suspension needs to "break in" or not it. It will never go back to stock ride feel. I would always suggest lowering springs w/good shocks. over coilovers anyday or at least Full coilovers if any. Sorry no experience w/the Apexi's.

No, the apexi WS coilovers are true coilovers.
26913, RE: APEXi coilovers
Posted by Shockeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Go for tein? I have no exprience with the Apexi's nor do I know anyone with those...But I have Tein type flex with the EDFC and I can surely vouch for them.
I generated this page in 0.012701988220215 seconds, executing 7 queries.