Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectGrinding noise and vibration under acceleration.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26787
26787, Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration.
Posted by 95greenhrcgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

The problem is when I am accelerating moderately/fairly hard in a straight line, I have this grinding noise and sensation. Its def from the front of the car. Once I am not accelerating anymore its all normal. I am sure that its not the bearings. I have had those go bad before and this is not it.

Do you think that its the axles? I dont hear a popping when I turn, but I can tell one of them is STARTING to go bad.

The car had a blown engine when I bought it. Is there any way that the engine blowing broke something in the tranny?
Anyone have the same symptoms and have it be something in the tranny???? I am really hoping its not the tranny.

Thanks in advance
Jon

26796, RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration.
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sounds like your passenger side cv joints are worn out even if the boot isn't tore. Same thing happened to me and some others.

Here's more on that:
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=65139&mesg_id=65139&listing_type=search
26801, RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration.
Cool, I will check into that.

Thanks a bunch!!!
26916, RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration.
Alright, I changed the passenger side axle with a new unit. No change in the grinding or popping. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Jonathan
26963, RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration.
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You're positive it's not a mount? Does your tranny make any funny noise at idle? Maybe it's a cv joint in your driver side axle?
26978, RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration.
I am VERY sure that its not a mount or the rear bracket. All those were new when I dropped the engine in just recently.

There are really no wierd noises that come from the tranny at idle, besides the TOB rattle, but that seems to be when its cold outside only.

Any more suggestions?
26979, RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration.
Posted by flossinpnoyracer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
throwout bearing in ur tranny
26981, RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration.
Originally posted by flossinpnoyracer
throwout bearing in ur tranny

I know what sound you are talking about, but this is not it. This is only under moderate to hard acceleration.
I generated this page in 0.011824131011963 seconds, executing 7 queries.