Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectair suspension
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26653
26653, air suspension
Posted by talonesi-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
has anyone here ever installed and used any king of air susp on a 2nd gen dsm. i'm looking in to do a set of air cylinders, but i'm wondering how reliable they are and how the ride quality is.
26655, RE: air suspension
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by talonesi-t
has anyone here ever installed and used any king of air susp on a 2nd gen dsm. i'm looking in to do a set of air cylinders, but i'm wondering how reliable they are and how the ride quality is.

PM Ben, aka widebodyeclipse. He was selling a set of air ride shit, but i think he sold it. I know he obviously knows to install the kit. From riding in cars with air ride, without the special resistor things, the ride is shitty. These things (i forget what they are called) make the ride more smooth. For reliability, who knows. a line could pop off or anything. I not a fan of air, although i need it so i dont fug up my widebody, but i like my tein basics. good luck with your decision.
26656, RE: air suspension
Posted by optikal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the "resistors" you are talking about are actually called air accumulators and are only needed if you are running air cylinders. I recommend the AirLift Easy street strut bags for 2gnt's. Install is fairly easy for the strut bags themselves, they ride pretty nice.
26657, RE: air suspension
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've never rode in an eclipse with air, but I've rode in Cadillacs with it and it's smooth as fuck.
26658, RE: air suspension
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by a_miller_76
I've never rode in an eclipse with air, but I've rode in Cadillacs with it and it's smooth as fuck.

My truck has them Click Here and rides pretty nice. The shocks got wore out from me dropping it all the time, so it started to bounce a little.

If you've got copper lines to your solenoids, you typically won't have to worry about lines popping off the bags or anything. I've had it like this since September, it doesn't bleed down, and it's not really bad, I just hate the truck in general.
26678, RE: air suspension
Posted by talonesi-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
who all in here is currently running an air ride set up, if so what is your setup
26679, RE: air suspension
Posted by widebodyeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the air lines are rated at like 500 psi, youd have to run nitrogen to bust them off. on a kit that u will run i wouldnt worry about blowing a line. the accumulators help out alot, gives the air some place to compress when u hit a bump the air is fun and saves the frount end from damage (been there done that) ask extreme, it suxs ass. i sold the air but you can look around and find some deals a decient setup will run you about 1400. i like haveing air ride. gonna do a custom setup if i decide to keep the car (look at classifides!! pm me if u have any qs
I generated this page in 0.0095360279083252 seconds, executing 7 queries.