Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectPlease Help Me!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26622
26622, Please Help Me!
Posted by clipse2g95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just got finally got my sprint springs in last night and knew that i'd have to adjust the camber, so I tried the $15 rear camber kit, but I can still see that there is some negative camber yet. I have like 7 washers in between the chassis and a-arm mount. It looks like the ingalls kit is exactly the same as the $15 mod, is that true. And also, I know that I'm going to need a kits for the front so what would you guys suggest for what kit I get. I'm looking for a little bit lower priced ones, my drop is rated at 2", and I definitely need one that works for sure becuase the $15 one didnt really work for me. Oh and a camber kit that I can install myself.
TIA, I really need help because I have to currently drive a metro around becuase my car is just sitting there now. -Cory
26623, RE: Please Help Me!
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow 7 is quite a bit man for 2 inches. I only had 4 and mine were good.
EDit and you know you could also get a solid bushing and grade 10 bolts if you a little more.
26624, RE: Please Help Me!
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I told you the $15 wouldn't work for a 2" drop, you need this kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33581&item=7961977925&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
26625, RE: Please Help Me!
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by a_miller_76
I told you the $15 wouldn't work for a 2" drop, you need this kit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33581&item=7961977925&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

BS the 15 dollar mod works perfect.
he just should be adding more washers

Ive got a 2" drop and I used the 15buck mod and my camber is now perfect.
26630, RE: Please Help Me!
Yeah, I know it suggested to use a real camber kit for a 2 inch drop, but I just thought I'd try it out. How many washers do you have mcgyvr? I had 4 and dropped my car back down to the ground to check it out and I could still see that there was some negative camber yet. So I added 3 more washers to each and I can still tell. I also can see it on the front.
26631, RE: Please Help Me!
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by clipse2g95
Yeah, I know it suggested to use a real camber kit for a 2 inch drop, but I just thought I'd try it out. How many washers do you have mcgyvr? I had 4 and dropped my car back down to the ground to check it out and I could still see that there was some negative camber yet. So I added 3 more washers to each and I can still tell. I also can see it on the front.

If you can still see -camber with your eye after 7 washers re check the install, make sure you didn't forget something. Are you sure you only dropped 2"? . I had to add a washer on the top to keep the drop acurate see pic and it helped a bunch.

26633, RE: Please Help Me!
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ive got 6 washers on each side.

you sure its not the toe that is off thats messing with your eyes.

either that or your dropped way more than 2"
26637, RE: Please Help Me!
Maybe I installed the wrong struts on the wrong sides of the rear. I didnt keep track of what rear strut was what when I had to run to a million shops to see if they could torch the metal sleeve off for me. So does anyone have part #'s for the left and right struts. All I could do to distinguish between the two was to ahve the little paint spot on each strut facing outward. Madhatter210, where did you say you put another washer to help out?
26638, RE: Please Help Me!
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by clipse2g95
Maybe I installed the wrong struts on the wrong sides of the rear. I didnt keep track of what rear strut was what when I had to run to a million shops to see if they could torch the metal sleeve off for me. So does anyone have part #'s for the left and right struts. All I could do to distinguish between the two was to ahve the little paint spot on each strut facing outward. Madhatter210, where did you say you put another washer to help out?

They are the same. You could possible have the strut turned 180 degrees though.

What metal sleeve are we talking about. Did you have coilovers? Did you take your spring perches off?
26644, RE: Please Help Me!
The metal sleeve is in between the top portion of the strut assembly between the bump stop and rubber bushings on the top and bottom of it. If the strut is turned 180 degrees the wrong way what side should the paint marking be on. I have the marking on the outside so when i take the wheel off i see it. Any input would help. I'm going to be ordering an ingalls camber kit so hopefully that will just settle this all.
I generated this page in 0.0087490081787109 seconds, executing 7 queries.