Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Problem with AEM 12.5" rotor upgrade
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26438&mesg_id=26686
26686, RE: Problem with AEM 12.5" rotor upgrade
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by thedawg
Neither of you have said what the rotor is hitting that causes the rotor not to seat on the hub. If you can't see what's interfering with the rotor by looking at it from behind the hub, maybe you could place some modelling clay on obvious things like brackets, hub, wheel studs, suspension arms that it might be hitting. Its not like the rotor's just floating there in thin air, refusing to mount onto the hub. Something is in the way. Find out what. Post.

in my case the hat just didn't fit on the hub. as in the hub was slightly too big or the hat was slight too small. it had nothing to do with the rest of the rotor, it was purely an issue with the hat. that's why i mentioned i could probably remove the hat and mount it by itself to prove my point... :P

i'm not sure how much more specific i can be aside from finding out what part of the inner circumference of the hat is making contact with the hub... if you look very closely inside your hat there is a VERY slight lip. it's right around that area. i have no clue why that lip is there as it does not correspond to the shape of the hub.
I generated this page in 0.0082161426544189 seconds, executing 6 queries.