Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Let's talk handling perfection (Gurus welcomed)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=25639&mesg_id=25642
25642, RE: Let's talk handling perfection (Gurus welcomed)
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm not sure how to reply except with my setup. I built this setup for daily driver, and auto-x.

-Sprint sports 1.5" drop
-Tokiko Ill 5 way adjustable
-Sus Tech front/rear sways
-brembro f/r cross drilled/slotted rotors w/ceramic pads and SS lines.
-f/r upper and lower tie bars.
-race tires for auto-x, kuhmo V700 205 wide (no compare to street tires, these stick like glue)
-daily driver tires, hankook k104 225 wide (had to roll rear fenders)
-15 dollar camber mod, nothing up front.
-energy sus. motor mounts.

I am sure I'm forgeting some stuff on there too, anyway this setup does very well at the auto-x events, (I'm in SM due to the turbocharger setup), I always seem to do 4-6th place consistantly.
The only time I have traction problem is durring trail braking manuvers. If I'm comming into a turn where my speed it a bit too fast, and I try to trail brake (use my brakes during the turn), my rear end will swing out. I can typically correct but I lose time due to the correction. I have tried almost all combo's for my settings and it never seems to eliminate the tail spin totally, although it is very predictable. Anyway that is the only complaint I have with this setup. It does ride a bit rough even with my shocks on their lowest setting. I'm going to guess that everyone has these problems with similar setups. I don't know if I have helped any here, these are just my experiences with my setup.
I generated this page in 0.008098840713501 seconds, executing 6 queries.