Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=24427&mesg_id=24489
24489, RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?
Posted by GhEttOrAiD, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by willmayo
Originally posted by GhEttOrAiD errrr update.. i heard this faint rattling when i was coasting to a stop in neutral .. under 10mph... frigging... one of my lugs was backing off... 3-4 more turns and id be on 4 lugs... which isnt bad but the others were a bit loose. I think its just because of the heat... Mitsubishi was probably saying that I needed to heat the hub up, THEN torque the studs in to prevent this problem from coming up on the road when brake heat hit it.
you may not have seated the studs all the way, when you're putting them on you have to make sure that it is flush with the back of the hub. you're should also re-torque your wheel lugs after 100 miles of driving, especially with new studs, wheels, or lugs.

yeah i saw that on Trucks! the other day

they rattled a little loose again today... they must not be seating evenly... I really need my own airtools so i can do this right !!
I generated this page in 0.007627010345459 seconds, executing 6 queries.