Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=24427&mesg_id=24428
24428, RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Even though you told me to "shut the fuck up" i will help you out!

I have seen tapered studs (if thats what you really mean) on other manufacturs. Kinda sounds like someone replaced yours with the wrong ones, who knows. All you really need to do is remove your calipers/brackets and strike each Stud once with a big hammer. They should pop right out. Now keep in mind you need to rotate the hub so the stud you are hitting is where the caliper is supposed to be. If you have to hit the studs a couple times dont be alarmed. You will see whyyou have to rotate the hub as you go when you get it apart and look at the access you have to the back of the studs. Use an open lug with a few heavy washers to tighten the new studs into the hub.

There should be no reason you will have to change your hub out. If you feel you do i have rebuilt ones but you shouldnt.

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header/evo exhaust - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, SFMU/return line, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)
I generated this page in 0.0080430507659912 seconds, executing 6 queries.