Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectIs there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=24427&mesg_id=24427
24427, Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?
Posted by GhEttOrAiD, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, apparently my lugs actually taper, that is, they get larger right near the hub...this has made it impossible to install this GSX brake kit i got from Spooledupracing. I tried myself, and WheelWorks had a crack at it, same conclusion.

I called up satan to confirm, they also believe that my lugs should NOT taper in this manner. From what I've read, I just need a large hammer to both remove and install these lugs. Does anyone have any personal experience with this?

I'm also a little concerned that switching to straight lugs that dont taper could... somehow make my hub obsolete. i.e... maybe the hub NEEDS the lugs to be a larger diameter.... Plus... I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable working with large blunt imprecise tools when dealing in such a critical area!
I generated this page in 0.01000189781189 seconds, executing 6 queries.