Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectInteresting find on the GSX front brake upgrade...rotor size..
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=24238&mesg_id=24238
24238, Interesting find on the GSX front brake upgrade...rotor size..
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, this is pretty messed up...I got the dual piston GSX front calipers, and rotors for a 98 GSX. Got it all bolted up, and the rotors were not the right size..they were *around* 1/16" wider, and the same smaller in diameter..(the rotor actually just barely touches the caliper bracket and pad shims) Checked the rotor part#'s with almost every manufacturer out there, including the dealer..Found out that from 95-97, is one rotor part#, and 98-99 is the other rotor part#, both for GSX AWD fronts..The strange thing is, all the part#'s for loaded calipers are IDENTICAL for 95-99..I just don't get it..So I ended up just getting the rotors for 95-97, and fit just perfectly..Anyone know the difference from 97 to 98+?? The ONLY thing i can think of is that the caliper brackets are diff on the 98+, but that still doesnt explain why all the loaded caliper#'s are the same throughout the years...Am I missing something here? haha..BTW, these brakes are sweet :)
I generated this page in 0.010491847991943 seconds, executing 6 queries.