Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Finally, I put my GSX brakes on
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=24230&mesg_id=24250
24250, RE: Finally, I put my GSX brakes on
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wish I didn't though away brembo's info sheet on direction that came in the box else I would have just scanned it and posted it.

It said something like this:

It is a common misunderstanding to believe straight cut slotted and drilled rotors' direction is determind by the angle of the cuts on the front.

It is rather determind by the vanes inside the rotor. Post and straight vained rotors are non-directional, but all of Brembo's rotors are directional. The outside most part of the slots or drills should contact the pad first, causing the directional inner vanes to create a vacuum away from the center using centrifugal force (the inside vanes are radiused the opposite direction the slots go). (It had a cut away picture showing all of this)

The only exception to the rule of rotors being deteremind directional by the inside is if they have radius cut slots on the outside.

I tried to find the info sheet on Brembo's website real quick, but no luck. You can however see the cars on Brembo's site and which way their rotors are facing.
I generated this page in 0.0087640285491943 seconds, executing 6 queries.