Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectbrakes won't lock up at all!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=24036
24036, brakes won't lock up at all!
Posted by wite96gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so, the other day I went to an autocross driving school, and there was a part where you test your cars braking distance. The instructor who was in the car with me, told me to jab on the brakes as hard as I could to get the feel for when they are about to lock up. well, they didn't. I even let the instructor try, he couldn't get them to lock up either and he said my car was a road hazard(I nearly smacked him in the face for that remark).
I think that my car stops real fast, faster than most any other car I've ever driven, but the instructor said I was nuts for driving it on the street like that. I have powerstop X-drilled rotors on front, stock rotors in back and AGX metal pads all around, and fresh fluid in the lines. I just replaced all that about 5 months ago, which makes me think these brakes should be perfectly fine. anybody else out there have this problem? or is it not a problem and I should tell the instructors to piss off??

what do you think???? TIA Don :cheers
I generated this page in 0.0087900161743164 seconds, executing 7 queries.