Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectThe best suspension kit -
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=23774
23774, The best suspension kit -
Posted by TDX, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys, could you advise me what the best suspension kit to get is? im somewhat lost because there are so many choices, and there are the ones that costs 1,000$ + that are supposed to be even much better, im leaning toward the tokico illumina 5 way adjustable that comes with the 1.5 drop springs. please tell me what u think and what ur suggestions are. thank you

-patrick
23775, RE: The best suspension kit -
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
do the illumina kit or the prokit springs and illumina shocks imo. you said you found em for around 500-600 bucks so do that imo.
23776, RE: The best suspension kit -
Posted by stevesquick92, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you want a really nice ride and a real coilover system, get Tein SS System. Just around 1000.00 and will probably be much better than Illumina/Prokit combo. I have the Illumina Prokit stuff and the ride is pretty harsh... even on 1. But there are some pretty shitty roads around here. Either way... look for suspension to be a lot bumpier than stock. Of course, my poly bushings and 18's have a lot to do with my rough ride also.
23778, RE: The best suspension kit -
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have koni yellows and prokit....i love the ride..on the softest setting is is awesome if you like a soft ride. the nice thing about Koni is they will costom valve the shocks if you want to send them in down the road.

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header/evo exhaust - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, ceramic intake, 450 Turbo injectors, SFMU/return line, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)
23779, RE: The best suspension kit -
Posted by 95GSEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have the same thing ^^^ or in the mail. i talked to my friend with an STI and he just put a tein flex kit on it and he liked how his civic si handled with the koni yellows and prokit compaired to the tein flew on the sti....hes going to pull the teins off the car when he can find a set of koni yellows for the sti
23889, RE: The best suspension kit -
Posted by susk, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
TeinSS coilovers are the best imo.. ASOG had a pretty good deal a lil while back, it was like 850+ shipping or something for the whole kit.. not sure if its still around or what not..
23890, RE: The best suspension kit -
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Definitely get a Coilover Kit whether it be Tein, Tanabe, etc. The shocks are specifically designed for the springs that are used. Ride height is adjustable. I got my TeinSS for $910 shipped to my door. It's leaps and bounds better than anything else I've felt. It's 16way adjustable and has PUBLISHED spring rates. Good luck finding the ratings for prokits or sport lines. TeinSS is the best bang for the buck.
23891, RE: The best suspension kit -
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Avenger
Definitely get a Coilover Kit whether it be Tein, Tanabe, etc. The shocks are specifically designed for the springs that are used. Ride height is adjustable. I got my TeinSS for $910 shipped to my door. It's leaps and bounds better than anything else I've felt. It's 16way adjustable and has PUBLISHED spring rates. Good luck finding the ratings for prokits or sport lines. TeinSS is the best bang for the buck.

Yeah Tein coil over set up is the best out there, you just have to have the buck.

You can't get a spring rate for Eibach because it depends on how much the spring is compresed. Pro kit (Pro = Progressive) the spring rate changes with the way the coils are set up.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
I generated this page in 0.008430004119873 seconds, executing 7 queries.