Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: slotted vs drilled vs both?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=22592&mesg_id=22603
22603, RE: slotted vs drilled vs both?
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
Thanks fellas. I guess I'll get the slotted rotors when the time comes. I need to buy an AFX ECU and exhaust first, but give me a month or so and we'll see where we stand. }(

I didn't bother reading the other posts but the only way cross dilled are good are if they were purchased that way. Cross drilling rotors yourself is dangerous. For fade performance you want crossdrilled (staright from the maker) BUT they have less surface area and therefore braking decreases BUT so does Fade(very important). The best compromise is slotted which actually expell gas under braking while providing less surface area loss. So for an improvement you would be wise to go to some better pads and slotted on slightly larger brakes, that will provide a ridiculous amount of performance. If you go with a good size upgrade in discs/pads then I'd recommend some crossdrilled which will have unmatched fade and high braking ability. Myself, I prefer large slotted which break harder but fade isn't as good, but if the brakes are big enough you will never see fade anyway.

Just my $.02
I generated this page in 0.0077099800109863 seconds, executing 6 queries.