Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: NEWBIE ?'s on lowering
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=22461&mesg_id=22467
22467, RE: NEWBIE ?'s on lowering
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by orzech
I did a searcha nd still wasnt sure what i should do about lowering. This psring i am getting my stock complete 97-99 kit. I am looking to lower my car 1.5 inces. I herd this is a good amount and i plan on gettings some 18's. My questions are how much is an average price for some lowering springs? I have herd of a bunch of brands but dont know which ones? Should i buy struts too? Is it an easy task to change your springs? I will be driving i the winter too so i will prolly change the springs every summer and winter so should i go with an adjustable strut? I want the cheapest, versitile, smoothest ride. How much will this set me back?

I run the H&R Sport springs. Around 200 for all 4. Expect to pay around there for quality springs. Don't go cheap! These springs are excellent, and ride is pretty good using the stock struts(for now). It lowered my front just about 2", and the rear at 1.75". Looks and handles great for stock struts still on there. If you want ride quality adjustabilty, then get some adjustable shocks. They are more expensive than most other non adjustables, but you can tailor your ride quality with just the turn of a screw. Tokiko and KYB AGX are prob the cheapest ones out there, yet still good quality. YOu normally can't adjust the ride height with adjustable shocks, if you really want height adjustablity, get coilover springs. But be forwarned, cheap coilovers really do suck, and are usually noisy. Good quality coilovers are usally in the 800+ dollar range..
I generated this page in 0.010040044784546 seconds, executing 6 queries.