Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectI'm having trouble finding a part #
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=22448
22448, I'm having trouble finding a part #
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Last time I changed my springs, I had an allen wrench in the end of the stabilizer thingie the goes through the bottom strut mount and I cracked the end of it where the allen wrench fits in... I found a pic of it in CAPS and they have a prt number fr the whole assembly but not just the thing that I need. I highlighted it in red.

Also, could someone tell me a more technical name of this part so I don't have to refer to it as "stabilizer thingie the goes through the bottom strut mount" :P
thanks,
-Tony
22456, RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #
Posted by 992gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That is called a (swaybar) end link. You will only be able to buy it as an assembly.

22457, RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #
Posted by mitsuman297, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
and how much will this run me? I broke both of mine and now have to replace them. Sory for the hijack
22460, RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I though prothane or one of those bushing companies makes replacement end links
22466, RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #
Posted by 992gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They might, stock may be cheaper though.

22496, RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #
Posted by willmayo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
in order to remove my endlinks i had to use some rather excessive force (die grinder :thumbsup ) Bought the new ones from satan, they were pretty pricey I know that, but they're the newer design that doesnt have the stupidass hex thing. Instead theres like a bolt that you can get a wrench on. The end links didnt come with the actual bolts either, but i had one of the salesmen run in the back and hook me up with some }(
22497, RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Are these a dealer only part or has anyone ever found them at an auto parts store?
22498, RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by willmayo
in order to remove my endlinks i had to use some rather excessive force (die grinder :thumbsup ) Bought the new ones from satan, they were pretty pricey I know that, but they're the newer design that doesnt have the stupidass hex thing. Instead theres like a bolt that you can get a wrench on. The end links didnt come with the actual bolts either, but i had one of the salesmen run in the back and hook me up with some }(

That's odd.

I just ordered a new pair from Fenton and they had the "built in bolts" in them.
22523, RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #
Posted by willmayo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
a.) yeah, they're dealer only. when mine broke i searched the world for an aftermarket alternative and i'm pretty sure they dont exist, although i did run across a pic of somebody's custom endlinks (no idea where i saw it though)
b.) They come with the built in bolts but I wanted to put new bolts on the other side instead of putting the half rusted out bolts back on. Those were the bolts that didnt (but should have) come with them.
I generated this page in 0.0083239078521729 seconds, executing 7 queries.