Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Another problem. Coilovers
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=22046&mesg_id=22122
22122, RE: Another problem. Coilovers
Posted by 96Eclipsed, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by a_miller_76
You want to RAISE the car? Heh, that's a new one :) Okay, here's your other problem based on raising the vehicle. When you lower a vehicle your stock shocks and struts are not designed for the shorter travel, therefor they bottom out and eventually blow. Hence, you go out and buy blues or illuminas or whatever. They are designed for a LOWER SUSPENSION TRAVEL. If you are attempting to raise your vehicle above factory specs then buying a lowered shock won't help you any at all. You'll end up blowing shocks and struts designed for lowered vehicles by placing them in a raised application. As for advice I don't have any on what to buy. If you had a truck I'd tell you 15 websites to go buy raised supsension shocks from, but for an Eclipse you'd be hard pressed to find anything like that. And if you do I bet their expensive because it's not a common item most people are looking for.

Ok, sigh. Let me start from the beginning, it's obvious there is miscommunication on my part or you are not reading the post and understanding it.

Before I did any of the recent suspension work, my car was lowered using Neuspeed Race Springs and Tokico Shocks/Struts. With bad camber, the back fenders were nearly even with the tire. There would have been rubbing if not for the camber.

Because of that I wanted to raise the car a bit. From the way it looked I'd say it was about 3" in back. I wanted about 1.5" to 2". Hence the need to raise the car. Since I had springs, I would either need to buy another set or do what I did, buy coilovers.

I generated this page in 0.008173942565918 seconds, executing 6 queries.