Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectLook what I got for Christmas!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=21735
21735, Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Brembo slotted & dimpled rotors, SS lines, and Metal Master pads.
I hope I will get these bitches on tommorrow.

21736, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
bitchin' :thumbsup
21737, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by nightwolf2369, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sweet dude those are gonna look sick
21747, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Dirty
Brembo slotted & dimpled rotors, SS lines, and Metal Master pads. I hope I will get these bitches on tommorrow.

those are nice, really nice, you should have fun with those
21749, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by pfmicks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice! Post pics when you install them..and tell us how much difference you get out of em:thumbsup
21751, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Their on. I might not be able to give my opinion for a while. I just drove it maybe a mile tonight and the pads haven't seated properly yet. I'm gonna drive it for awhile tommorrow and we'll see how it goes. I'll get some pics up either way. They do look badass, but moore than that I want them to STOP! :thumbsup
21762, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks like the raceconcepts.net kit... i too have this kit and i really like it a lot (too lazy to replace rear drums)

the new brake lines did the most IMO. the brake pedal feels a lot more "sure" now. not quite sure how to describe it. i don't understand why auto manufacturers skimp on things like this at the factory, all cars should have stainless steel brake and clutch lines.
21776, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by bono316, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mmmmmm....Brembo......Deeeelish

1998 Eclipse GS
21777, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by Doug96GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yup, those look like Raceconcepts to me too. I have the same shit. You're gonna love 'em. :thumbsup
21778, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
They are from turboimport.com

I'm waiting to make pics until I've got them broken in. Almost there.
21822, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by OldGuy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
TOOO Sweet!! Enjoy! Still waitin' on my present just to be able to drive my damn thing! ;(
21831, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by thegame, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i dont understand how ss brake lines will help you. care to explain?

14.5 @ 95mph / 7psi 185hp/180tq :thumbsdown
21832, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by thegame
i dont understand how ss brake lines will help you. care to explain?

A portion of the "spongy" feel of brake pedals can be attributed to expansion of the rubber flex brake lines. As brake system pressure increases, the lines expand, letting the pedal travel more. Stainless line kits prevent expansion, thereby giving a much firmer feeling pedal. They also do not deteriorate with age.

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

DarkOne> Screw you guys, i'm going home.
chrysler kid> and fyi i have never HAD to shave.
DR1665> I'm sure your Talon and my Talon are all there needs to be, since we're the only two Talons that really matter around here

Originally posted by sarahdr1665
...some girls like the "nerdy" guys
21833, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
right on :thumbsup
21838, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by thegame, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ah. gotcha.

14.5 @ 95mph / 7psi 185hp/180tq :thumbsdown
21843, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by pfmicks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by turbo8u
Originally posted by thegame i dont understand how ss brake lines will help you. care to explain?
A portion of the "spongy" feel of brake pedals can be attributed to expansion of the rubber flex brake lines. As brake system pressure increases, the lines expand, letting the pedal travel more. Stainless line kits prevent expansion, thereby giving a much firmer feeling pedal. They also do not deteriorate with age. _________ 96 talon esi-t san clemente, ca DarkOne> Screw you guys, i'm going home. chrysler kid> and fyi i have never HAD to shave. DR1665> I'm sure your Talon and my Talon are all there needs to be, since we're the only two Talons that really matter around here
Originally posted by sarahdr1665 ...some girls like the "nerdy" guys

Well said...

These lines are a direct replacement for your factory lines. The stainless steel lines will get rid of that mushy feel when you press on your brake pedal. The spongy pedal feel is caused by older factory rubber lines that tend to expand under load. After installing the stainless steel lines, you can expect nice firm pedal pressure.

21844, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by ughhhead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
damn man, those look awesome. brakes are my next project. i definitly want to see pictures. one question, how easy was it to install those ss brake lines. i want to get the ss brake lines too and was wondering how quickly and easily they went in?
21848, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by turbo8u
They also do not deteriorate with age

from what i recall, SS lines actually have a shorter life span than stock rubber lines. something to do with the inside part of the lines. so SS lines DO perform a lot better but its a trade off with longevity (as with most high performance parts).
21860, RE: Look what I got for Christmas!
Posted by Ozzmosis86, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the exact same setup on my car. I LOVE the SS lines, but I haven't been impressed with the rotors yet. I need new tie rods, so I am not sure if the rotors are warped, or if it is the tie rods, but I have a pulsation while braking. Sometimes I feel it in the pedal and sometimes I don't. It could very well be the tie rods.

Andy
I generated this page in 0.008012056350708 seconds, executing 7 queries.