Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectBig Brake upgrade...which one to choose.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=21212
21212, Big Brake upgrade...which one to choose.
Posted by TXTurboGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am going to get some brakes, tomorrow most likely. I was looking into StopTech, Wilwood or Baer. Not Brembo as they too expensive.

I'm thinking on StopTech for the front part and AEM big brake conversion on the back with OEM calipers. Any thoughts on this? Thanks:cheers
21216, RE: Big Brake upgrade...which one to choose.
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
gsx calipers up front?
then if ya wanna go bigger than the stock gsx rotors (10.75") you can go with the AEM big brake upgrade made for the GSX which upgrades your rotors to 12.5" cross drilled/slotted. it's what i got :thumbsup

it's prolly a bunch cheaper to get rebuilt GSX calipers than the a kit with new aftermarket calipers. dunno how much performance you're looking for though. GSX calipers are a noticable improvement over stock RS/GS/GST calipers though

*edit*
oh yea here's a pic of my GSX calipers and AEM rotors under 17" rims
(17"+ rims required for this upgrade.. same for the BAERS.. not sure 'bout the others..)
21219, RE: Big Brake upgrade...which one to choose.
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
^^ word. GSX brakes up front are probably the best bang for the buck brakes you're going to get. read my sticky up top of this forum about it. all the info you need is in there including prices on parts.
21222, RE: Big Brake upgrade...which one to choose.
Posted by TXTurboGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't think I made myself clear. I meant to say that I am going to purchase a big brake upgrade kit. It is not the GSX conversion, but and aftermarket kit like Stoptech or Wilwood.

My questions were, which of these two are the best? Thanks
21226, RE: Big Brake upgrade...which one to choose.
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
umm there's like one guy on the board w/ the wilwoods.. i don't recall seeing anyone sportin a stoptech kit. there's a couple with the baer kit too. baer kit's still only 2 POT though (but you prolly already knew that). idk if there's anyone who's actually had experience with the wilwood AND stoptech. the guy w/ the wilwoods likes 'em though..
I generated this page in 0.013892889022827 seconds, executing 7 queries.