Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: weight reductions ...what else can be done
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=19067&mesg_id=19158
19158, RE: weight reductions ...what else can be done
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This is a good thread! :thumbsup

1 - Oracle. I agree with you completely. However, if I were to go die hard on the lightening, I would still go try to get as low as I could and keep the interior. If I pulled up next to a DSM with a completely gutted interior, I would know something was up. To shave a couple hundred pounds and still look stock (ie; full interior) would add to the sleeper factor which is something I'm aiming for.

2 - I think I speak for everyone who's interested in shaving every ounce off their car's weight when I say that this is the last of the new frontiers when it comes to our cars. I doubt any one has done all the lightening mods and I think when someone DOES finally get all the lead out so to speak, we will all be blown away by how quick they are. It's tough to decide to spend 2 grand on lightening your car when you still don't have any more than that eBay short ram and a universal N1, but it all comes down to hp:weight ratios. If you have a turbo 420A pulling down a 15hp/lb and then you have an NA car doing the same, I think the NA car will be more impressive, imo.

I agree. This thread should go into the things we've seen before when it's done and cooled off a bit. ;)
I generated this page in 0.010086059570312 seconds, executing 6 queries.