Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectpossible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=18362
18362, possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Alright guys. I can hear a rumbling noise comming from the passenger side of the car. Here is the kicker. When I turn LEFT just slightly the noise goes away. When I turn RIGHT it gets louder. This only happens when I get up to 30mph +.
I spoke with a shop and they thought it was classic symptom's of bad wheel hub berings. I priced them out today and they are at around $100.
My questions are as follows.
Do you think it is the front or the rear? I jacked up the the car and pulled on both of them and the front one wiggled a bit. (More than the driver side for sure). The back one did not budge a bit.
If it is not that then what? Has anyone had this happen before?

BTW I am lowered (about 1.5 in on sprint sports), tokiko illum's, 15$ camber mod with no tire wear for the past year and a half. The front has never worn.

TIA
KJ
18366, RE: possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!
Posted by Eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yup! sounds like a bad wheel bearing. Its around $160 from dealer, and its a dealer only item (for fronts). the rear ones are available at auto parts places which go around $100. Its a PITA to replace if the axel nut and axel splines are rusted in the hub, other than that its a very simple job.

good luck:thumbsup

fb.
18369, RE: possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!
Posted by wickedtalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mine was a PITA. The rear was easy, but the front was another story. Splines suck. Raise each wheel and see if it jiggles. mine looked like it was going to fall off before i replaced it.
18372, RE: possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!
Thanks! I will be changing it out on Saturday I guess.
18411, RE: possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!
I got the front on done but still have the rumbling>!>!!>! Must be the rear that is bad??? I can't wiggle it and it has NO movement? Any other idea's guys?
And YES the front was a PITA! Good news is I did not do that work for nothing. The front one was going to go bad. It was really rough to move.
I generated this page in 0.0090839862823486 seconds, executing 7 queries.