Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjecti gotta ? for they lowered guys
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=18359
18359, i gotta ? for they lowered guys
Posted by Gregstoofast, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i put ground control coil-overs on my 97 rs...last night i ran outta smokes so i had 3 coil-overs on the car and 1 stock spring...came back home and put the other 1 on and it started clickin and was vibrating(shakin i guess?) as soon as i got outta the driveway...anyone have a clue what this could be???its really annoyin...i dont have a camber kit yet but as soon as money allows i'm goin to get one...it was fine with the one stock spring and 3 coil-overs on with all 4 coil-overs on is when it started

any help with this is greatly appreciated guys

<-Eclipse Racer->
cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4 plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear mod,and shift kit
18363, RE: i gotta ? for they lowered guys
Posted by Nackers, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have no idea whats wrong, but i just wanted to say... if you figure out whats wrong and why it was doing that, could you please e-mail me at Nackersaccent@aol.com so I know what to look for. I just purchased some ground control coilover sleeves 0-3" and some Tokico Illumina shocks and don't want to have the same delemia. Also, do you have to have the camber adjustment kit when you install these or can a shop just adjust it for you? By the way, hope you get it fixed:)! I know what a pain it is to do something and have a unexpected turn out.
18367, RE: i gotta ? for they lowered guys
I can email ya as soon as I find something out and if you will read what I posted earlier you'll see that I did not have a camber kit or have I taken it to a allignment shop... drop almost to the max it don't look that bad,front bumper is about 2 inches off the ground can't go anywhere without scraping... I think I found out what it is though, I had custom exhaust made and I have a bad motor mount so I stuck a piece of wood between the exhaust and the rear suspension and I just looked at the car and noticed it was gone,I don't know if that has got anything to do with it but I'll go through and check everything tomorrow

<-Eclipse Racer->
cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4 plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear mod,and shift kit
18368, RE: i gotta ? for they lowered guys
WOOD? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?:D No offense but thats kinda ghetto dont you think? How long have you had this problem?
18379, RE: i gotta ? for they lowered guys
ya it was ghetto but i was broke and didnt have the time to do everything...and it started when i put the header and high flow cat on...

<-Eclipse Racer->
18384, RE: i gotta ? for they lowered guys
its all good... whatever works for the short time period, but id definitly get that fixed asap. Also, do you think you have enough yellow in there:D Looks good
18388, RE: i gotta ? for they lowered guys
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
um....
make sure that all the bolts are tightened on the top of the strut. mine are a little loose and they tend to sing songs whenever i roll over bumbs. hope this helps
18391, RE: i gotta ? for they lowered guys
yea...i just went through and tightend up everything i could...everything is tight and it still does it...its more of a vibration...my father-in-law thinks i might have knocked the toe off some how...is that posible?i'm startin to think thats its in the exhaust...i'm goin to try to stick it out untill monday and i'll take it to an aliment shop and have everything checked out and probly end up buyin a cat back and a direct bolt on high flow cat and i'll just go from there...i dunno what else to do

<-Eclipse Racer->
18446, RE: i gotta ? for they lowered guys
ok guys i found out what it was...i went to the alinment shop today and found out the inner tie rod end is bad...just went to advance auto parts and gave up almost 45 bucks...can wait untill i get it fixed and alinenged...then i'll go to the track and see if it made a differance...it feels faster

<-Eclipse Racer->
18450, RE: i gotta ? for they lowered guys
Posted by bedlam32570, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i had something of a similar problem when i dropped my car. turns out that when i put my muffler on, the way the exhaust was ran, the piping sat on the rear section between the two wheels, right where the piping goes over. i fixed it and there's no more sound. that might be it. i didn't have a problem when i installed my coilovers. the only problem i had was that one of the coilovers got stripped and i lost one. heheheheh
18484, RE: i gotta ? for they lowered guys
ok guys...i went to the aloment shop today and they said the inner tie rod end was showin good...that i didnt need it...so i got a 4 wheel alinment and they set the toe....couldnt mess with the camber cas i dont have a camber kit right now...but it still shakes/vibrates under heavy accleration...this is pissin me off

<-Eclipse Racer->
18782, RE: i gotta ? for they lowered guys
Sounds like your not having too much fun:-( . We had a squeak coming from the rear passanger side like metal on metal. I just sprayed some WD in there and it went away. That was more than a week ago and everything is still cool. Hope you get your thing figured out.
I generated this page in 0.011162996292114 seconds, executing 7 queries.