Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectI am at a toss up between AGX and Blues...(Please help me decide)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=18128
18128, I am at a toss up between AGX and Blues...(Please help me decide)
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok...here is the deal. I first purchased Dropzone springs with GR2s. I did not like the ride and figured maybe it is becuase it is too low and the springs are no good. So i purchased the Tein springs and the ride got better but the height is ugly to me and i want some of the wheel gap gone. I am not entirely convinced that the dropzone springs are that bad, but moreso convinced that the GR2s weren't the best choice for that ride height. So if the drops don't sell, I may decide to give them another shot with some different struts. MY question is which of the two i mentioned can handle of to a 2" drop? IF not one of those, which struts do you recommend. Body kits aren't an issue right now and will worry about it later. I love the way our cars look slammed but i don't wna to go to low if it sacrifices ride quality. I am thinking if the dropzones don't work out then i will try some sportlines so if they makes a difference then let me know in your repsonse. All help is appreciated, TIA :thumbsup :thumbsup

PS I am a very agressive driver per say.....
18132, RE: I am at a toss up between AGX and Blues...(Please help me decide)
Posted by OZ_GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You will not want to use AGXs for that much of a drop because you will end up riding on the bump stops. They are not designed to handle more than about an inch drop. Blues would be my choice for a strut for your setup unless you can spend the extra bucks and step up to illuminas.

Chad
18133, RE: I am at a toss up between AGX and Blues...(Please help me decide)
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>You will not want to use AGXs for that much of a drop because
>you will end up riding on the bump stops. They are not
>designed to handle more than about an inch drop. Blues would
>be my choice for a strut for your setup unless you can spend
>the extra bucks and step up to illuminas.
>
>Chad

aaaahhhh I see....What about for springs? Do you think that contributed to my problem or is it mostly in the struts with the bouncing
18146, RE: I am at a toss up between AGX and Blues...(Please help me decide)
Posted by OZ_GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your strut and spring should compliment one another. The lower you go the stiffer the spring is going to be and the more harsh the ride will be. The strut needs to compliment the stiff spring by offering more resistance for a smooth travel. I have ridden in a car with H&R race spring which are close to a 2" drop riding on blues and the ride was plenty comfortable. If I were you I would try some blues with your lower springs and just see how it feels. I am guessing that it will do fine but if not then you can go with a different choice for your springs. If nothing else by the time you are done you should be pretty good at changing out the suspension on your car... ;-)

By the way I could be wrong on any or all of this. This is just my .02

caio...

Chad
I generated this page in 0.0079360008239746 seconds, executing 7 queries.