Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Help and idiot out with his 18's PLEASE!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=17994&mesg_id=18015
18015, RE: Help and idiot out with his 18's PLEASE!
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
2" drop will create camber problems. camber problems won't arise from the wheels they will arise from the lowering of the car without adjust the camber to accomodate.

for that drop you would be best getting the ingall's camber kit for the front. don't bother with the ingall's rear kit it's basically the same as the $15 camber trick. for help on that look on the main page.

if you're going through with this than you'll probably want new struts. for 18's i'd go with tokico illuminas or koni yellows. i say those because they both have very nice warranties so if you ever blow one out you'll have minimal hassle getting it replaced. tirerack.com has the koni's for $135ech. that's about as good as the price gets for either of those struts.

tire size for 18's should be 225/40-18. i'd recommend at least a V speed rating. yokohama's are decent tires that are going to last V4's are good if they're still around. we used to sell those. if you want a good bargain tire look at kumho. speed ratings after V are W Y and Z W and Y being Z tires that were designed for inclement weather. michelin pilot sport A/S's are a good example of a Y speed rating and a truly awesome tire. if you have the coin get those for sure. ($230+ a peice)

I generated this page in 0.0074150562286377 seconds, executing 6 queries.