Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Help and idiot out with his 18's PLEASE!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=17994&mesg_id=18000
18000, RE: Help and idiot out with his 18's PLEASE!
Posted by woo2gnt97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Getting new wheels won't create bad camber for your car, (as far as I know heh). The camber is actually how straight your wheel is. If it isn't perfectly within spec, which is pretty much perpendicular w/ your car, than it will result in uneven tire wear. I'm sure you can see the logic in this hehe.

The only time you need to adjust your camber is when lower your car. Lowering will cause your wheels to be crooked and not perpendicular with the car. A camber adjustment kit will fix this when you install it. Like ^^^^ the $15 rear camber mod is pretty much a given anytime you lower your ride. A front camber kit is only necessary w/ more aggressive drops. I lowered mine w/ goldlines and its a little under 2''. The front is fine but the back is crooked as a crazy straw. I was ready to do the $15 rear camber and get an alignment to know for sure but I totalled my car hehe.

Hope the info helps :)

EDIT: In short, you don't need anything except wheels/rubber. If you bought them from Wheelmax (I bought mine there too), I'm sure you got a sweet deal on rims/rubber. So just unpack your goods and slap 'em on the ride and you're good to go amigo :)

Black 97 Eclipse RS a/t (totalled but being rebuilt)
17'' HP Typhoons
Goldline Springs w/ Tokico Blues
Nakayama CAI
Cat-Back Exhaust
Final Drive Gears
AFX UDP

Metallic Fiji Blue 92 3000GT VR4
new engine on its way
I generated this page in 0.0081319808959961 seconds, executing 6 queries.