Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectTokico Illumina / KYB AGX combo ?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=17748
17748, Tokico Illumina / KYB AGX combo ?
Posted by MissionCritical, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Is there anyone running the Illuminas in the front with the AGXs in the back?

I'm leaning towards going with the Illuminas all around but it looks like you make adjustments on them at the top of the strut. I'm thinking twice about the pain it may be to get back there every time I want to make a change.

I'm putting these in an Avenger if it makes any difference as far as access to the strut.

TIA
17750, RE: Tokico Illumina / KYB AGX combo ?
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A friend of mine runs koni yellows in the front, and the kyb agx's in the rear dropped on sportlines and 18s. the illuminas are up there with the koni yellows as well so I guess its pretty much your preference.

96 Talon ESi Mods
apex' dunk exhaust
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
blocked off EGR
front/rear strut tower bars
GSX dual piston calipers
custom painte
17751, RE: Tokico Illumina / KYB AGX combo ?
Posted by Mannyyy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ME! I have Illumina's up front and AGX's on the back. It's still pretty hard to change the setting on the AGX's even though the knob is on the outside. The muffler is in the way so you really have to get under the car to make sure what setting it's on. I got the AGX's cause I got a good deal on eBay when no one else bid on them... they're pretty good shocks. :thumbsup
17762, RE: Tokico Illumina / KYB AGX combo ?
Posted by MissionCritical, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Is there still an issue with the AGX's and lowering springs? I've searched some sites and some people say that the issue may have been fixed by KYB. RRE still has the warning on their site though.
I generated this page in 0.014587163925171 seconds, executing 7 queries.