Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: GSX upgrade sticky idea.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=17453&mesg_id=25218
25218, RE: GSX upgrade sticky idea.
Posted by Journeyski, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i just upgraded to the GSX front upgrade and also redid the rear. I found the calipers at a local junk yard for 35 a piece for the fronts, 30 a piece for the rears. I decided to powder coat the brackets and polish the calipers at school. I also upgraded the rotors to cross drilled and slotted all around, axxis pads all the way around and SS brake lines all around. I spent close to 6 hours of prep work on painting and polishing the calipers and about 5 hours for the full instal. I am still breaking the pads and rotors in (500-1000 miles is recomeded) but so far so good. I have noticed the the back breaks grab a little sooner than before. but once you get into the pedal the fronts grab great. All in All i spent about $500.00 for the whole upgrade (powdercoat, calipers front and rear, rotors, pads and lines). I have also noticed the hotter my breaks get the better they grab, i have yet to over run them because i am trying to be nice to them so i get a good break in.
I generated this page in 0.0076069831848145 seconds, executing 6 queries.