Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectweird noise when turning right
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=17445
17445, weird noise when turning right
Posted by Eagle 5, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anytime that im going slow, like 5mph and i turn the wheel to the right it starts making a weird noise, maybe grinding like or so. happens about 1/2 of the way into the turn and does it. this started right after i lowered the car. its not the tire rubbing and it only does it when i turn right. sometimes if i turn the wheel real slow it wont do it and it does nto seem to do it when im driving a tnormal speeds, just goign slow like to turn into a driveway or something... any ideas of what it could be?

i have a FWD by they way

i have heard cv joints and possibly the splash shiled behind the rotor could be hitting the rotor. i have no clue though. it happened right after lowering the car. never made the noise until i lowered it.
17446, RE: weird noise when turning right
Posted by juggalo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it sounds like the CV does it click at all? have you gotten an alignment after lowering it. could be a wheel bearing too, especially if its grinding.
17450, RE: weird noise when turning right
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
can you describe the noise a bit better. it could be CV's like juggalo said but they usually give off a click noise before they grind.
17451, RE: weird noise when turning right
ok. i turn the wheel to the right and maybe like 1/2 the way in it will start making a noise. i did not notice any clicking whatsoever. car was lowered and it tarted to make the noise....car has been aligned and camber kit put on, still makes noise. its hard to say the noise, maybe not a grinding but like something maybe rubbing up against something else
17455, RE: weird noise when turning right
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
describe your suspension and wheel/tire setup. you might be rubbing your tires on the wheel well.
17459, RE: weird noise when turning right
car was stock = 14" pos hubcaps and normal height, then car gets lowered with sprint springs 2" drop and tokico illuminas set to 3 up frotn and 4 in the rear. car started making noise only when turning right and then it depended on if i as driving slow

now car has 18x7.5 rims with 235/40/18 tires. tires are not rubbing anywhere, nosie still there/. my point is the noise has been there since it was lowered
17476, RE: weird noise when turning right
Posted by 95_ESi_Person, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the only grinding i'm familiar with is the wheel bearing, but with me it would make noise when going straight, and go away while turning.
17496, RE: weird noise when turning right
Posted by LittleB10, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had that problem with my car. I found out it was the axle, my mechanic said the axle literally broke in two when he took it out. I know you guys probally think that is weird but thats what happened to me. Maybe check the brakes too. I dunno, too much caffeine, and its only 9 am!!!!

peace
Joe
I generated this page in 0.0081729888916016 seconds, executing 7 queries.