Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subject Weird swooshing sound with my Tokico 5 ways...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=17365
17365, Weird swooshing sound with my Tokico 5 ways...
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Everytime i go over a speed bump, I hear a swooshing sound coming from the rear left area. I assume it is the Illuminas, as I know the shock assembly was installed correctly.

Anybody else has this experience. It feels like the shock body is being compressed. however the other 3 shocks do not make the sound.

Setting is on 3 front and 3 back, if this helps.
17366, RE: Weird swooshing sound with my Tokico 5 ways...
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Is your suspension on that side sloppy? Going over a speedbump won't tell you, but do you notice anything funny at speed? Sounds like one of the check valves in the shock has either broke or come out so you just have fluid "swooshing" in and out of an open hole.
17408, RE: Weird swooshing sound with my Tokico 5 ways...
Posted by Mannyyy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have KYB AGX shocks in the rear and had the exact same problem. One of them developed a swooshy sound one day and it got louder as the days when by.

It was originally set at 4 out of 8, but I noticed that it doesn't swoosh when I set it to 7 or 8... so I set the rear shocks at 7 and that took care of it. Nice and harsh. :)
17501, RE: Weird swooshing sound with my Tokico 5 ways...
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Aaron, the struts are brand new with less that 2k miles on them. I know I installed them right as I'm fairly familar with the suspension on 2nd gen eclipses.

Manny, I'll try your method of adjusting the knobs. Maybe on that one strut the holes didn't line up.
I generated this page in 0.0097110271453857 seconds, executing 7 queries.