Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectany last rear disc tips?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=16720
16720, any last rear disc tips?
Posted by DemonEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i am finally doing my rear dosc conversion tommorow. i confirmed sebring and eclipse brakes are the same part numbers. i have the calipers, pads, shield, and rotors. anything else i need for it? and how can i tell if the pistons are good in them or not? thanks

performance: K&N intake, 2.5 piping w/ magnaflow, msd wires, pacesetter header, ported tb, custom short shifter
suspension: 1.5 tenzo drop, rear strut bar.
looks: stock skirts, stock 16s, leather interior
future: rear disc, star stage 1
16747, RE: any last rear disc tips?
Posted by augie28, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
with the shield/caliper mount, did you get the parking brake shoes, levers, springs and retainers? it's been about a year since i did mine, so my memory might play tricks on me, but i don't think any of your current drum brake parts will work for the parking drum brakes. the shoes, springs and retainers are cheap from autozone or advance, but the levers are a dealer item. of course if you have all the parts i have mentioned above no worries. the only other things i can mention are check your wheel bearings/hubs while you are at it since you have to remove them to change out the dust shield for the caliper mount. and i had to file the slot on the back side of the caliper mount/shield where the clip that holds the parking brake cable in place goes a little so the clip would fit properly. good luck :thumbsup
16800, RE: any last rear disc tips?
Posted by finn_dsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hello,

> i confirmed sebring and eclipse brakes are the same part numbers.

Is that true. Can you use disc brakes from Sebring as a rear disc conversion kit for Eclipse RS?

Can somebody tell me the parts and part numbers I need for conversion. I have -98 RS.

finn_dsm
16816, RE: any last rear disc tips?
yup its all the same, not sure of the part numbers though.

performance: K&N intake, 2.5 piping w/ magnaflow, msd wires, pacesetter header, ported tb, custom short shifter
16862, RE: any last rear disc tips?
hey augie, how can i tell if mine came with all of that stuff? i took it right off the car so it should all be included right?

16893, RE: any last rear disc tips?
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

that's all you need x2 consists of
disc, hub, parkign brake drum assembly, and dust shield. Hell you don't even need the hub you can reuse your old one.

here's a writeup I did on imagestation might come in handy if your stuck.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291359413
16930, RE: any last rear disc tips?
thanks hades, that helped alot. im pretty sure i know the answer to this but the hubs are the same? they need no modification?

16951, RE: any last rear disc tips?
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yep hubs are the same, if you get used ones make sure they're straight. Cuz the reason I changed my hubs is because I hit a curb in a drifting accident and bent it up, just make sure the bolts thread up straight and you'll be fine :) Getting the hub and the dustshield to align is a bitch get ready to bust out the punch to keep it aligned ;)
I generated this page in 0.0098159313201904 seconds, executing 7 queries.