Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectAnyone running polyurethane bushings?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1635
1635, Anyone running polyurethane bushings?
Posted by sd_eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I noticed yesterday that the O-ring looking gromet that sits between the spring and strut mount is shot to hell and torn pretty bad. So I'd figure id replace it with a polyurethance one then figured while im gonna have the suspension torn apart might as well get rid of all the rubber pieces. Im looking at getting the Energy Suspension Master bushing kit. Looks like the kit includes the front/rear control arm bushings, front/rear strut bushings, and bushings for the shifter. Questions are, was it hard to install? and did you notice a good difference in handling? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
1636, RE: Anyone running polyurethane bushings?
Posted by sd_eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No one?? Come on, some here has had to done this before....
1637, RE: Anyone running polyurethane bushings?
Posted by Armond30, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I hav ehte hyperflex kit in my Avenger. it doesn't replace the piece that you are refering to. that rubber piece si just there so your spring doesn't squeek metal to metal wiht your strut tower. The bushings are a PITA to install, and I did not really enjoy installing a few of them (very difficult). I think the best thing about having them in yrou car is that you can say "I have polyeurathane bushings". it felt like I had turned my shocks up a notch honestly.

Bring it on............
1638, RE: Anyone running polyurethane bushings?
Posted by Kory, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i dont have them personally but i inquired about them when I got my new tires done at my shop and they said it was pretty cheap and not hard at all to install. I dont think we can replace all the rubber bushings, just those you mention. I am going to get them as well from prothane. good luck!

"RACECAR backwards is RACECAR!"

Kory
korynguyen@yahoo.com
Happy Honda Hunting!
1639, RE: Anyone running polyurethane bushings?
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't remember what came with the complete kit, and I haven't done it but I didn't think there was much left that was rubber.
sway bars and control arms bushings, ball joint boots, I believe, with the exception of the strut mount I can't really think of anything else that is rubber.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/
I generated this page in 0.0077331066131592 seconds, executing 7 queries.