Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectstrut bars : which is which
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1631
1631, strut bars : which is which
Posted by madregal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looking at http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=140429
can anybody tell me why there is a price between the Pilot™ Motorsports Front Strut Bars?

in juan's post on the recommended handling stages,
it was recommended that the strut tower bars be upgraded in this order: front lower, upper rear, upper front)

being on a shoestring budget... tell me again which one should i get first... which part # from jcwhitney?

i am kinda leaning towards Pilot™ Motorsports but does RRE offer all the bars? i see some people in the board use the gs-t (rear?) sway bar... can i get those?

marc (its so hard when you dont have enuf money, you can't just buy EVERYTHING!)

'98 GS AT
Magenta Gray Pearl
AEM Short Stack
Bored throttle body
Bored Intake
GS-T Exhaust
NGK Plugs and Wires
AFX underdrive pulley
Clear Side Marker Lites
Nokya Hyper whites bulbs
PIAA Fogs
1632, RE: strut bars : which is which
Posted by GSsport, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The different prices between the front bars is the choice of color you get. The silver polished are the cheapest, the colors next, and the carbon fiber is the most expensive. As far as buying order, I personally got the front upper first, then the rear upper and lower together and the rears will be installed together. There really isn't a right way or wrong way of upgrading you own car.
1633, RE: strut bars : which is which
Posted by madregal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anybody have used pilot Stut bars for sale ?
im in glendale, california.

MARC
'98 GS AT
Magenta Gray Pearl
AEM Short Stack
Bored throttle body
Bored Intake
GS-T Exhaust
NGK Plugs and Wires
AFX underdrive pulley
Clear Side Marker Lites
Nokya Hyper whites bulbs
PIAA Fogs
1634, RE: strut bars : which is which
Posted by jZa, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey bro, i ordered all 3 from jc whitney, the rear lower is on back order. let me tell you, i can't see any difference between these and the ones they sell on eBay. so if i were you i'd get them from ebay for like 25 plus 10 shipping or so they usually end up.

the front lower is only sold by RRE and you can get it for 50 if you order soon.

the front upper goes on the enginve compartemnt, the rear upper on the hatch, it attaches where those two panels are to the sides and the rear lower goes on the bottow in the back somewhere.

the gs-t sway bar is the sway bar, these are strut tower bars or "suspension bars". i think these will do better improvements than the sway bar, cause sway bars are always towards the end in the suspension stage.

strut bars help keep the frame together and anti-sway bar reduce body-roll somehow.

i don't know which is best to get first though from all the struts

javi d
vroom n' boom
bone-stock dsm performance :)

I generated this page in 0.014442920684814 seconds, executing 7 queries.