Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectSumitomo HTR Tires
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=16178
16178, Sumitomo HTR Tires
Posted by Showtime72, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
any comments on these??
16185, RE: Sumitomo HTR Tires
Posted by KSeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i bought these from sears to replace my dunlop sport a2's and couldn't be happier with them. The htr+ is a very nice tire and best for the money. Kansas has had rain, snow, and dry since i got them and it feels like i'm driving my jeep again in the rain and snow. Traction is excellent. Dry is tight and sticky, i haven't heard these tires squeel once, definately get them, dont go for shitty tires like kuhmo's:thumbsup
16189, RE: Sumitomo HTR Tires
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
:nono don't dis my tires, i like them! i might try the sumitomos text.
later
16235, RE: Sumitomo HTR Tires
Posted by Showtime72, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
just ordered these today from tirerack.com
16251, RE: Sumitomo HTR Tires
Posted by Jen, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've had those Sumitomos for a year or so now and they suck IMO. They are alright in the summer and on dry pavement, but they're awful in rain and snow. No traction at all. Even on dry pavement they spin very easily and fling rubber all over cause they're so soft. Plus, they wear 3 times as fast as the Nittos I have on my other cars. After about 13,000 miles the fronts are gone.

I know some other people like them, but I'm not getting another set. I'd rather pay $10 more per tire for Nittos. :)

Just my $.02

Jen
95 Eagle Talon ESi
97 Mitsubishi Spyder GS-T
90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

16295, RE: Sumitomo HTR Tires
Posted by iamnotwhoiam, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i too got some htrz tires and well they were pretty decent new and still hold up well under dry conditions, but once they start wearing and when encountered with wet conditions they dont seem to hold up as well as i would hope.. i have approx 20k miles on them so far, but im in need to replace the rears due to one that hit a curb and ripped the side open and camber wear on the other.. other than that.. they are good tires for the $, but next time im going with some other ones.
16388, RE: Sumitomo HTR Tires
Posted by IowaRS_racer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ive had my HTRZII's for about 3 years and like them. They do wear out quickly, but I havent replaced them. Ive rotated them twice to even out the wearing(I guess you could call it rotating, the F to the R). I autocrossed with them when i first got them and was turning faster times than a guy with a Neon and slicks.. He was impressed. They are pretty touchy on wet pavement... I dont drive the 'clipse in the winter.. My best time at the strip so far is 15.9 I dont remember the mph... Still NA.... they were chep too about $98 a pc. if I remember right.
I generated this page in 0.0087630748748779 seconds, executing 7 queries.