Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectrear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=15760
15760, rear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)
Posted by stoyboycs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok like the topic says my rear wheels are rattling and it is very annoying. But it only happens when i have 2 people in the back seats or when I first start driving. It only happens on bumpy roads. In the begining I noticed the passenger side was rattling like a metal hitting a another piece of metal sound. Then the other night I had three other people in the car with me and both were rattling.:( The next day no noise, but I was by myself. Anyone know what to do or whats wrong? Also am I ok to still drive or is this doing anything bad to the car?

Thanks,
Chris
15790, RE: rear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)
Posted by SonicYan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Are u lowered? Do u have like aftermarket rims, like 18s and larger? Cuz it might be that ur rubbing ur rear tires on your fender. Like what u said, it only happens when u have a lot of people in the back and on bumpy roads, which is when the rear tires would normally hit the fender. If u check the rear fender, there's this part of the fender that kinda sticks out if u feel underneath it. U can just roll this with a baseball bat and what not. Hope this helps.
15827, RE: rear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)
no everything is stock no lowered no wheels. But I will try that thing with the bat.

Thanks,
Chris:thumbsup
15841, RE: rear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)
Posted by Kahn, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How old is your car? How many miles -- if it is the sound of like click clacking -- almost like a lid being put on a pot -- its your bushings. Take it to a mechanic -- agree with me or not the dealer will be able to tell you much faster what the problem is (and save you on diagnostic costs) than a standard old garage.

Hope that helps.
15845, RE: rear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)
well its a 97 with 65,xxx and yeah it kinda sounds like a lid being put on a pot so I will have the bushing checked out. thanks you.

Chris:(
I generated this page in 0.0084409713745117 seconds, executing 7 queries.