Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectkoni adjustable shocks
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=150
150, koni adjustable shocks
Posted by mike_d, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anybody have any experience with these? are they easy to adjust? any info is appreciated
151, RE: koni adjustable shocks
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't have them, but I've heard good things. They've been used by good tuners on their cars. I'm debating between the Konis, Tokicos Illuminas, or KYBs, when I lower.

Yes they are easily adjusted, it's just a knob on the top you turn, one for firmer, other to soften the ride.
Unlike the 1st gen units, the rears had to be removed to be adjusted.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
152, RE: koni adjustable shocks
Posted by Armond30, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have them. they have lasted a long time, and they are STILL strong. they have full adjustablity, so you aren't limited to "presets". I consider it to be the best replacement strut for DSM excluding coil-over struts. I am nto impressed with kyb (i have seen a set trashed before) and tokico are ok........i guess. the only thing bad about koni is the price.

Have fun!
153, i hear they're good
Posted by Irfan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have tokico illuminas. they're great. they are pretty harsh on the hardest setting, even with 16's. i need new tires before i can push them to their limits.
154, RE: koni adjustable shocks
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The Konis are good, and depending on what you want they should have them like adj. or non-adj. Th Illuminas are the better ones which show in the price and adjustability. Unless you plan on some serious racing or autocrossing you can't tell the difference between the Koni adj and Illuminas adj. I have the 5ways and are very nice, even for the short amount of time I rode on them, they also have a lifetime warranty. I'm not sure about Koni's warranty but my Ground Control/Illumina setup is nice:)

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"
155, RE: koni adjustable shocks
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks guys.
Now my debate is between the Illumina and the Koni.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
I generated this page in 0.013637065887451 seconds, executing 7 queries.