Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subject$15 camber mod question....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=13755
13755, $15 camber mod question....
Posted by mrlocalpimp, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I bought the crap I needed today. Anyways, those M10 washers that it says to use, 4 on each bolt. Those washers are so thin and everything that the 4 combined don't seem to wide, like it doesnt seem like it would do to much....... You get my drift? I have dropzones, maybe a 2" drop. It just doesnt seem like this mod wil affect it much. Can I use longer bolts with more washers to make it do more? Or to unsafe? Hmmmm..... Maybe Im just under estimating it?
13756, RE: $15 camber mod question....
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The 4 washers is equal to about a degree of correction if I remember correctly. I was dropped 2" also and the 4 washers was not enough. After three months of riding around with the bolts and washers on the rear and nothing on the front my rear tires were perfect and my front were bald on the inside. You don't necessarily need a longer bolt to use more washers. Is is safe to use more washers? Reasonably safe, as long as you aren't putting 8 washers on or something like that. I wouldn't go past 6, but that is just me.
13757, RE: $15 camber mod question....
Ok thanks. I guess I do.... 5 washers. I have terrible inside wear on the back tires, not to bad wear on the fronts. Front is dropped just as much, but doesnt wear to bad. Weird. Anyways, Ill keep the same size bolts and use 5-6 washers each bolt. Hope this is safe... :)
13758, RE: $15 camber mod question....
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For my 1.75" drop in the rear, i needed about 6 total for factory spec rear camber..Dont go more thatn that; if you need more, get the ingalls rear camber kit..
13759, RE: $15 camber mod question....
Posted by pn0ymahal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
use 4-6 washers max. i would do the min, and go get a alin for your ride to see if it could be in factory specs dude... the less washers the better...
good luck

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast
13760, RE: $15 camber mod question....
Thanks everyone, youre all a great help. Im going to do five... Should be fun getting off the bolts
13761, RE: $15 camber mod question....
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
do 6 imo. If 4 is 1 degree- u have to realize, with about a 2" drop I had about 2 degrees of - camber. so, 6 washers=1.5. why not do 8 with a longer bolt? I actually had an alignment shop do mine so they could tell me if it was right.
I generated this page in 0.0088119506835938 seconds, executing 7 queries.