Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectassistance please.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=13546
13546, assistance please.
Posted by NX112, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have kyb agx's and am currently in the move to get some skunk coilovers. will that be a decent set up because the one going right now is not working and i'm sick of it.
13547, RE: assistance please.
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yes that setup is fine

What is your setup now that you are sick of?

13548, RE: assistance please.
I have some ghetto ass coilovers my lady got me and i'm sick of being nice to her about it and saying i love them so they're getting replaced.
13549, RE: assistance please.
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
? are u sure the set-up is okay?
13550, RE: assistance please.
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Forget the coilovers man. Get a set of lowering springs.

I've said it over and over again, but I think it's worth restating: Coilovers that aren't the $1000 variety are hardly worth the dampening effect they're supposed to supply. I fail to see the real advantage to coilovers in that they make for a harsher ride, the adjustability is more harmful than helpful in leiu of mainatining a set camber, and the units seem less rugged than a set of performance springs.

Now, you don't necessarily have to go out and spend a ton of money on some new namebrand lowering springs, but I've felt both the Pro-kits on my car, and H&R's on my brothers car, and both are terrific and I feel comfortable recommending both. (I probably lean more favorably to the H&R's in that they're a bit more comfy)

Make your girlfriend happy and spend the $180-$220 and get some lowering springs (with your already upgraded struts) and never have to worry about your suspension again. Don't forget about an alignment and camber kit after it settles for about a week.
13551, RE: assistance please.
well i'm getting skunk coilovers for 180 same as the lowering springs, i was keeping my wife happy by keeping the ones i have on but i'm sick of the ride quality (or lack there of). and i have a ingall's camber kit installed already. I just like the fact that i can go up or down depending on me and what i want. it's a personal choice but thanks anyways.
13552, RE: assistance please.
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sounds good and you're right about personal preference but I wasn't at all impressed with the ride quality of Skunk coilovers. Still seemed very harsh to me.

Good luck. :-)
13553, RE: assistance please.
cool thanks for your inputs
I generated this page in 0.0099911689758301 seconds, executing 7 queries.