Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Serious AWD discussion inside...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=13352&mesg_id=15439
15439, RE: Serious AWD discussion inside...
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>One last thing about this drivetrain is that it will require >EXTENSIVE electrical modifications to make it work. The EVO is >equipped with active differentials, and has a seperate ECU for this. >I am sure that it would be possible to adapt this ECU to the >existing harness. Another neat toy on the EVO is AYC, or Active Yaw >Control. It will change the front/rear bias of power to induce >oversteer or understeer to make the car more predictable. As far as >I know, this is done with G sensors. You may or may not be >interested in making AYC work, but I think that it would be >worthwhile.

Bill, with the new lancer evo coming in without the active differential, this becomes easier as you would not have to make the extensive electrical modifications you talked about. You could just use the mechanical differential and center coupling on the new american spec EVO8

No, it's not a "cool" as active control blah blah blah, but it would make such a modification FAR less of a hassle that it would be, and this type of thing would be a MAJOR hassle in the first place! I can't imagine trying to do this witout a LOT of money, time, and the proper tools and facilities! :o

-=B-= <===== not that I have thought about doing this or anything...

Oh noooo, I wouldn't have guessed that :rolleyes :P just kidding there.

And Bill, not everyone in the 4g63 crowd is an unoriginal naysayer, don't let the bad seeds taint your view of some good people in that crowd.
I generated this page in 0.0078611373901367 seconds, executing 6 queries.