Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectInstalled the Pro-Kits today
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1307
1307, Installed the Pro-Kits today
Posted by Nitrous_RS1997, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Finally got around to installing the pro-kit springs.... i hate a set of spring compressors,a jack, and normal tools. it too kme about 1.5-2 hours to do it all. i cant BELIEVE that every place i checked around here wanted 170-200 bucks to do it.what a rip-off! far as the springs go... i LOVE them! i used to have sportlines, and i must say, i can tell these are more performance oriented, and the ride is just as good as stock to me. and i also dont have to practically stop to pull in my driveway now! id recommend trying the install yourself to future spring buyers..only hard part is locating spring compressors.

1997 Eclipse RS
75-shot Nitrous Express(wet)
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
NGK Plugs&Wires(one range colder)
Front/Rear Upper Strut bars
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's
www.TeamKLR.com

1308, RE: Installed the Pro-Kits today
Posted by DSMRoadster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dumb question by dumb guy. What are spring compressors, what do they do and how do I get one? I'm waiting for my pro kits to come in about a week and I plan to install myself. I thought all you had to do was take the struts and shox assemble off and pry the stock springs off with your hands and slide the pro kits on...or is more complicated than that?
F.K.A Veasna97NT

1309, RE: Installed the Pro-Kits today
Posted by Strauss, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did you get that nitrous installed yet? I'm excited to hear from you about it. I should be getting mine sometime this week, then I'll make an appt. to get it installed. Get some pics of those pro-kits, it must make those 17"s look much better :-) !

Strauss
95 GS...
soon to be on the bottle!
1310, RE: Installed the Pro-Kits today
Posted by Nitrous_RS1997, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey man! The Nitrous is going in this wednesday. it was supposed to be in last thursday, but the guy who was going to do it got real sick and couldnt be in to work. im getting it done early Wednesday morning. ill have pics of it and everything. im gonna sit there and watch his every move, so i might be able to asnwer a few questions about the install procedure. the springs make the wheels look WORLDS different! and about the spring compressors, they depress the stock spring so that you can get that nut on top off, cause the stock springs have mucho tension on them while they are tightened dow by the nut. i would guess if u didnt use a compressor either the nut wouldnt come off...or when it did the spring would come up and smack your hand. i borrowed these compressors from my uncle, he is a mechanic.. i havent the first clue where to get them. you need any help, just lemme know, it really isnt a hard job at all.

1997 Eclipse RS
75-shot Nitrous Express(wet)
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
NGK Plugs&Wires(one range colder)
Front/Rear Upper Strut bars
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's
http://www.TeamKLR.com

1311, Camber
Posted by emitsu97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Is the drop enough that a camber correction kit is necessary or can one make do just fine without?
1312, RE: Camber
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You probably will not require a camber kit in the front. However, the back gets out of camber very quickly with any kind of drop. RRE sells a rear camber kit specifically for these springs for $40.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

1313, RE: Camber
Thanks Jason. Here's a question for you, my car is stock suspension and just yesterday I noticed it was looking at me funny, you know, lop-sided, leaning to the driver's side. What wrong with it, springs or shocks? I know if it's my springs and I change them to Pro kits that I'm going to need after market shocks, I'm going tokico NA's. But if it's just my shocks can I just change those to the NA's and change my springs later? I'm mucho broke right now.
1314, RE: Camber
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well you might have blown a strut but Im not sure. Maybe your springs "sagged" a little more because you sit on the drivers side and maybe the extra weight just made the spring sag a little.

I think the spring I have are about a perfect medium between the sportlines and the pro kits. I think they drive really nice, a little stiff, but handle real well. They lowered the car about 1.7 or maybe a little lower. Ill take pics soon. Oh yeah I will need a camber kit for this set-up. Maybe a front kit but not sure if I will yet. I think Im going to try out the $15 camber mod though. I wish a front kit was only $15 instead of $120.

ICQ #2199879
AOL - EvuLFleA
stillk@geocites.com

1315, RE: Camber
Geez Evulflea, your making me feel fat with all that talk about I might be causing the spring to sag. I'll have to start that subway diet :)
1316, RE: Camber
Lol you sound like my girlfriend.

ICQ #2199879
AOL - EvuLFleA
stillk@geocites.com

1317, RE: Camber
LAST EDITED ON 26-Mar-01 AT 02:08 PM (PST)

Heeeyyyy!!! Now your calling me a girl!!! First it's fat, now I'm a girl!!! The nerve!!! :)

1318, RE: Camber
Posted by 99GSBBTurbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
he he he he he he he he... you guys are funny:-)

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"
1319, RE: Camber
Posted by phrenzy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am amused.

'99 Eclipse GS

http://www.rokitlabs.com
1320, RE: Camber
Posted by 2GXTASY, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 29-Mar-01 AT 11:48 AM (PST)

Hey EvuLFleA what springs are you using. I think the Pro-Kits are going to leave to much wheel well gap but I think the Sportline springs will not work very well with the Tokico Non adjustables.

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White

1321, RE: Camber
Im using intrax 2" drop springs. I like them, they are nice and firm. Sportlines would work just fine with tokicos. I would personally good with the lower drop for looks but if you want handling I hear the pro kits are pretty good although I have no experience with them.

ICQ #2199879
AOL - EvuLFleA
stillk@geocites.com

1322, RE: Camber
Posted by 99GSBBTurbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have Tokico non-adj's with sportline springs, and the ride is perfect.

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"
1323, RE: Camber
Posted by 2GXTASY, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Cool. I just wasnt sure if the drop was too much for the Non adjustables. Are those lightnings you have on your car? I think I read a post of yours that said they were 18's. I was wondering how much wheel well gap is left with 18's. 2".....more?

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White

I generated this page in 0.015552997589111 seconds, executing 7 queries.