Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectpower steering hose breakage
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=12451
12451, power steering hose breakage
Posted by Blk95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anyone else ever have this problem?...the other day i heard a metallic pop and almost immediately i heard the power steering pump whining...all i can find is the metal hose on the "steering cylinder" or whatever it's called (thing that actually turns the tie-rods) cracked behind the o-ring. i kind of doubt that loud pop i heard was just the seal breaking on the hose, but hopefully it's not anything serious...i got the hose ordered but i thought i'd see if anyone has had similar problems with their power steering. sorry so long
12452, RE: power steering hose breakage
Posted by vegasdsmr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i never had the same prob, but ill bump u back up since u were chillen at the bottom...

good luck

my advice is fix the jakkd up hose, and run her like a champ, u get more problems, consult da boards ;-)

payce
12453, RE: power steering hose breakage
ok...got the hose installed.....pump still whines as bad if not worse than before...do i need to bleed the system????? and how do i do this????....i'm planning on driving it tomorrow, so if you have an idea PLEASE let me know. thanks
12454, RE: power steering hose breakage
Posted by The1Bill, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
To bleed the power system, I think that you jack up the front of the car, start it, and turn the steering wheel lock to lock a bunch of times.
Let me know if this is correct, as I will need to do this soon also.
-=B-=
12455, RE: power steering hose breakage
yeah...the lock to lock thing did the trick, except i did it with the engine off (don't know if that makes a difference)...thanks for the help guys

ps - driving another car really makes you appreciate how comfortable our cars are
I generated this page in 0.0075170993804932 seconds, executing 7 queries.